Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

What have you hauled lately?

319K views 1K replies 342 participants last post by  Vlad the Impaler 
#1 · (Edited)
*** POST your pics of hauling and/or towing ***

Just thought it would be fun to see the various uses of the G2 Ridgeline's versatility in hauling stuff in the bed and/or towing... I've seen a number of pics in various threads but thought it would be good to put all into one thread.

This was mine over the weekend hauling musical instrument/PA gear for a gig on Saturday night, with room in the front and back seats for my wife and 22 yr old son to help "roadie"... I found that it can haul as much gear as my 2005 Chevy Avalanche did with the RL's back seat flip up and in bed trunk.

Guitars, Amp head in roadcase, 3 level toolbox with cables and gear, 18" powered subwoofer, (2x) 12" powered speakers, Effects rack, Mixer, 4x12 speaker cab (backseat area), various mic/speaker stands, etc.

See less See more
#219 ·
Also, I forgot in my previous post about the mattress I hauled when I got here. Purchased a new queen mattress and box spring. I love how having no wheel wells really adds to usable space. Was able to lay it down so I wouldn't have a giant sail on the back of my truck, and it barely stuck over the sides.

Attachments

#221 · (Edited)
I put this is in the "Ridgelines CAN Tow" thread also but that is an older thread...Towing my 2007 Glastron GXL205 which is about 4,500 lbs with the trailer. I bought this boat new in May 2007 and this is the 6th vehicle I've towed it with (I might have an "issue" with buying new vehicles).

Tows noticeably easier with the G2 than with my 2010 G1 (which did tow it "OK"). Got 16 mpg around town moving it to my parking area. Still have to do the highway tow to the cottage (260 miles one-way). G1 got 13-14 mpg towing this same boat. My 2014 RAM 1500 5.7L HEMI would get about 15.5 mpg towing and my 2015 RAM EcoDiesel would get 20 mpg towing it (and you could hardly tell you had 4,500 lbs behind you)...

UPDATE: Towed to our cottage in Central Ontario on June 30th and averaged 17.0 mpg (hand calculated). Pulled great, mileage was at least 2-3mpg better than expected and squat was only 1.5 inches. Excellent! The legend of the G2 continues to be built!

#247 ·
How did it handle with it? I think you're pretty far over the GCWR (I looked up that Bobcat and operating weight is 5700lbs + Trailer) but with it loaded right over the wheels I would suspect the tongue weight was pretty low. It doesn't look like the truck was struggling with it at all, and 17mpg seems pretty good for hauling that. I am kinda surprised that UHaul let you rent it though. I've heard horror stories of them needing to know exactly what tow vehicle, what you're hauling and denying people for anything they can.

Same question, max payload is 1585lbs. I saw the video and it was reallllly squatted. Did you have reduced steering response? Also did you notice any lasting effect on the in-bed trunk door? I believe the max load on the door is only supposed to be 400lbs.

As for me, I had a much lighter load but I won a big steel storage cabinet at a local tool auction. It was nice to be able to bid and snag something big for a deal now that I have a truck!

I almost had a 700lb vintage Toledo scale loaded in there too but we decided to have a family member snag it with a low trailer because the auction would put it in the bed with some loader forks, but we'd have a hell of a time getting it back down from there later!

#252 ·
Well, moved the last of my pile of arborist chips. It was somewhere about 30 yards in total... possibly more, don't really know... it was 4 of those arborist box truck loads. Probably would have been cheaper and easier to find an arborist nearer to the final destination and paid them to deliver to a tarp in a driveway... but this pile was free, I could move it at my leisure and most importantly I got to use my TRUCK!! It was easily 20+ trips in the last 6 months.

Attachments