Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
I also struggled with the price of an E or BE. It's not that I can't afford it. I just don't want to spend it on something I don't really need. I told myself a long time ago I'd never spend over 40k on anything and so far I've stuck to that rule.

I also think it would be crazy to buy a BE for construction. I now have a Black/Black RTL T and it definitely shows in the cabin the extra filth all over the kick panels and floor mats and I'm pretty conscientious about getting in and out of my stuff.

I think a 4bt Cummins in an S10 would be lots of fun to play with but for me I think I would rather just have a mild LS motor stuck in there.

Turning into a cheapskate kinda sucks. ;)

·
Registered
932 Posts
Go drive the truck and then see what you think!
When our local dealer made us drive an RTL even after we told them we had no interest in that particular model and we actually did it, it was game on from there!

That's when I joined here and started reading everything I could about these new trucks.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I also struggled with the price of an E or BE. It's not that I can't afford it. I just don't want to spend it on something I don't really need. I told myself a long time ago I'd never spend over 40k on anything and so far I've stuck to that rule.

Turning into a cheapskate kinda sucks. ;)
Sounds like me. My wife talked me into getting the -E which was about 10k more than I was looking to drop on a new ride. I tossed and turned for a night or two over spending that kind of money :smile:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Who said you had to pay 40 for an E? I only paid 38.4 for mine..:wink:

·
Registered
932 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
That's pretty damn good man. About what we paid for our T with our hands tied behind our back.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's pretty damn good man. About what we paid for our T with our hands tied behind our back.
Best car buying experience i ever had and they even gave me a full tank of gas...lol I was outta there in less than four hours. Would have been sooner if i didnt have to wait on my bank for about 45min..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Best car buying experience i ever had and they even gave me a full tank of gas...lol I was outta there in less than four hours. Would have been sooner if i didnt have to wait on my bank for about 45min..
38.4 what's the trick? 38.4 otd? The best number I have gotten for a be is 44693 otd. And I still haven't pulled the trigger.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
I ordered my e 2 Saturdays ago and I now have the diesel Colorado and cant wait to get the smoother lot more comfortable ride. I wish I could find one on the ground here and just trade and be done. If I wanted the BE they have one but I do not like the black on black exterior look. love the interior of the BE. They also have 2 T's one in red and one in white. I just don't want a T. Like to have the in bed stereo and sun roof and back sliding glass. Weird thing is the first t they sold guy traded it in 2 months later at GMC lot and got full size sierra loaded. He was about 72 and said he decided he would rather go back big. He said he hauls and tows nothing. They also had one already trade back in to another dealer with 6575 miles on it and that person changed to new Tahoe. Seems you can get t's or BE's but no E's.

·
Registered
163 Posts
If you want a cheap truck, you can still find them from the traditional truck manufacturers. Even the entry RL is fairly inexpensive.

With the higher trim RLs, you're paying for a lot of advancements, technology, etc. that is only now starting to show up in pickup trucks. For that reason, it's not really fair to compare to past truck offerings.

Pete

·
Registered
15 Posts
38.4 what's the trick? 38.4 otd? The best number I have gotten for a be is 44693 otd. And I still haven't pulled the trigger.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
38,400 not including tax, registration & fees..First thing is ask for the Internet manager and ask for the Costco/Truecar pricing and go from there..Invoice on the RTL-E is 39,086 with NO accessories. Thats what I wanted to pay for and the guy came in at 38,400. Find what you want and be the agressor..Car salesmen know what they are up against if you come in knowing what you want and do your homework..Move on if you don't get what you want. I live in Cali and I had 20 dealers working on the one I wanted.At the time there was only 5 in the state and nobody but 1 wanted to play ball...No kidding. If they know they are up against another than they will come in agressive..

·
Registered
26 Posts
What's the name of this dealership? lol, I want to fly out too...

I'm not willing to pay over 40k either, and I want the E but only for the sliding back window...which I personal think should be offered in all the trims even if it's a manual one.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have finely come to the conclusion that I was going to have to spend around $40,000 for a vehicle to get the vehicle equipped like I want one. I had to go with the RTL-T AWD just to get the vehicle I thought I would be happy with and the E and BE were equipped with options that I really didn't care for. If you can let go of the leather interior and upgrade radio the RTS is really a nice vehicle and it saves you $5000-$6000 in your pocket.

trainman

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you can let go of the leather interior and upgrade radio the RTS is really a nice vehicle and it saves you $5000-$6000 in your pocket.

trainman
Thats the thing. I am 57 and it is either the best or cheap. I want a BE and I am seriously looking for the last new vehicle I want to buy and the Honda RL looks like the ticket...but maybe next year. I have to have enough money on hand to say, I can comfortably spend 45+ grand on a truck. I am not there yet. lol.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts