Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are pictures of what I tow. The Honda Froman 4X4 is the one I tow the most during my working season. The boat is used for hunting and fishing. I alos tow a 19' Blue Wave bay boat but no pictures.

I've tride this before maybe it will work this time.

Tiger
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
What I tow... I put in an electric brake control for the trailer seems to work o.k., but when backing up the electric brakes do not release locking up rrear tires on trailer. works fine on the durango I am using the 7 pin connector
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
I dont have the trailer at home yet but ill show ya what im goin to TOW all over the East Coast to races!








shes goin to be pulling major HP!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,401 Posts
Nice boat - tell us more!!!

Nice racecar - tell us more!!!
 

·
Green With Envy Moderator
Joined
·
2,346 Posts
I'll bet not as good as the Ridgeline!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
arteegee said:
What kinda mileage you gettin' with that Civic? :eek:

hahahaaaa i dont even know what gas mileage is with that thing.. im satisfied with the ridge on MPG are you??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,885 Posts
honda_man said:
hahahaaaa i dont even know what gas mileage is with that thing.. im satisfied with the ridge on MPG are you??
15-17MPG so far, but I ain't complaining. :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
fireball said:
What I tow... I put in an electric brake control for the trailer seems to work o.k., but when backing up the electric brakes do not release locking up rrear tires on trailer. works fine on the durango I am using the 7 pin connector
Fireball, since you are pulling a trailer with a brake control, maybe you can answer a question. I received a small "pigtail" is the best way to describe it, from the dealer that he said I needed it for an electric brake control. Did you need to use that item? What is it for? I have the dealer installed tow package.

Diverace
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
diverace said:
Fireball, since you are pulling a trailer with a brake control, maybe you can answer a question. I received a small "pigtail" is the best way to describe it, from the dealer that he said I needed it for an electric brake control. Did you need to use that item? What is it for? I have the dealer installed tow package.

Diverace
The pigtail is used to install an electric brake controller. You wire your brake controller's harness to the pigtail and then plug it right in to a connector that's waiting under the dash. It makes it very easy to add the brake controller. My brother had to run wires all the way back on his Pilot to do the same thing, the Ridgeline is much better.

Here's a picture of what I tow most often:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,401 Posts
What's in the fridge? :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,554 Posts
Some pictures of what I tow.
These are lite-weights, hardly know they are behind me. Ridgeline tows well.
I sold my 20ft Invader boat & trailer with surge brakes. It undoubtedly would have been a greater challenge to tow.
The dune buggie I built 29 yrs. ago and the Samuri was a Christmas present to my wife I bought new in 1987 and was in the driveway on Christmas morning with a big red ribbon and bow on it. I have been Acussed of saving things forever.:(


Took me awhile to find this thread. Not having very much luck with the Search feature, always get "Sorry, no matches"
Found in buried on page 7 of Image/Video Gallery. Hope it is correct place to post.
I remember a "What Do You Haul" thread but can't find it.

I remembered this thread and thought there would be many more pictures here by now.

Come on evryone, post pictures of what you tow.

I think it is interesting to see what people tow, especially from all parts of the Country and Canada.
 

Attachments

L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I had a 1988 Samurai...Sure loved that little thing. Personalized plates were SAMMI.


:D

added at 11:44 p.m.

I traded the Samuari for a 1994 SideKick. That was SAMMI2. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,242 Posts
I was a Parts & Service Director for a Suzuki dealership in the late '80s. The Samurai was a great little rig that got a bad rap on its rollover tendencies. The Sidekick was a very nice vehicle also, but my favorite demo was the Sprint. Dual overhead cam 100HP, five speed coupe with 4-wheel disc brakes and weighed less than 2,000 lb. A real pocket rocket. A little tricky in the wet or snow though as it had a lot more torque than it had traction. Drove a Sprint during the summer and a Sidekick in the winter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
953 Posts
Webwader said:
I was a Parts & Service Director for a Suzuki dealership in the late '80s. The Samurai was a great little rig that got a bad rap on its rollover tendencies. The Sidekick was a very nice vehicle also, but my favorite demo was the Sprint. Dual overhead cam 100HP, five speed coupe with 4-wheel disc brakes and weighed less than 2,000 lb. A real pocket rocket. A little tricky in the wet or snow though as it had a lot more torque than it had traction. Drove a Sprint during the summer and a Sidekick in the winter.
I had a 1987 Chevrolet Turbo Sprint (built by Suzuki). It was totaled in 1988. It was a great little car with a top speed of about 118MPH and then the valves would float. 0-60 in about 6 seconds. Its extremely hard to find one in good condition now.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,880 Posts
Hey JOZ RIDG, What kinda mileage do you get towing the sand rail?
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top