Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, newbie here, but a longtime Honda fan.

Here are a few things I'd like to see in the new Ridgeline:
1) I wouldn't mind if the truck were a few inches smaller in length and width. It would fit in my garage easier, be easier to drive and park around town, and less frontal area will significantly improve MPG. (HONDA, remember your Civic commercials from the 70 ' s gas crunch era).
2) make sure there is access between the cab and bed so that I can carry 10' boards without them sticking out the back (I can do this in my Accord with the trunk closed!).
3) make sure the driver's seat has memory settings so my wife and I can easily swap driving duties. Mirror adjustment should be tied in to this.
4) make sure passenger seat has heated back as well as seat (currently my wife's biggest gripe about the heated seats, that and the lack of power vertical adjustment).
5) not too concerned with towing, as long as it easily tows 3500lbs (majority of trailers have a single axle of 3500 or less). If I need to tow more, I'll get a Tacoma or a half-ton. Let's keep the Ridgeline sensibly small and civil.
6) same with off-roading; I'm happy if I can run fire trails with it. Anything more, and I'd be looking at Tacoma.
7) not too worried about power. My 4 - cylinder Accord taught me how to deal with lack of power. Granted, I'd love to have enough power for stress-free passing, but I'd also like a few more MPG.
8) I would like the option of 15" wheels with real tires in lieu of these performance tires with 1" sidewalls. Yes, I know the short sidewalls enhance handling, but I'd like the option of being able to purchase reasonably-priced tires as well as not having wheels that crack or bend if they hot a rock.
9) make sure headrests are adjustable - Honda headrests seem to be typically too far forward for my tastes.
10) definitely keep the storage trunk and practicality of the bed!

I know these are all relatively little things, but it's these little things that make the vehicle much easier to live with.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Hi all, newbie here, but a longtime Honda fan.

Here are a few things I'd like to see in the new Ridgeline:
1) I wouldn't mind if the truck were a few inches smaller in length and width. It would fit in my garage easier, be easier to drive and park around town, and less frontal area will significantly improve MPG. (HONDA, remember your Civic commercials from the 70 ' s gas crunch era).
2) make sure there is access between the cab and bed so that I can carry 10' boards without them sticking out the back (I can do this in my Accord with the trunk closed!).
3) make sure the driver's seat has memory settings so my wife and I can easily swap driving duties. Mirror adjustment should be tied in to this.
4) make sure passenger seat has heated back as well as seat (currently my wife's biggest gripe about the heated seats, that and the lack of power vertical adjustment).
5) not too concerned with towing, as long as it easily tows 3500lbs (majority of trailers have a single axle of 3500 or less). If I need to tow more, I'll get a Tacoma or a half-ton. Let's keep the Ridgeline sensibly small and civil.
6) same with off-roading; I'm happy if I can run fire trails with it. Anything more, and I'd be looking at Tacoma.
7) not too worried about power. My 4 - cylinder Accord taught me how to deal with lack of power. Granted, I'd love to have enough power for stress-free passing, but I'd also like a few more MPG.
8) I would like the option of 15" wheels with real tires in lieu of these performance tires with 1" sidewalls. Yes, I know the short sidewalls enhance handling, but I'd like the option of being able to purchase reasonably-priced tires as well as not having wheels that crack or bend if they hot a rock.
9) make sure headrests are adjustable - Honda headrests seem to be typically too far forward for my tastes.
10) definitely keep the storage trunk and practicality of the bed!

I know these are all relatively little things, but it's these little things that make the vehicle much easier to live with.
Sorry but I hate to be the one but you have alot to learn. Start reading the last 10 years posts. Carry on.............

·
Registered
84 Posts
This is how Toyotas get so goofed up. Design by committee.

My only comment is that the preview rendering makes me want the truck without door handles. It looks sooooooo cool that way!

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
make sure passenger seat has heated back as well as seat
That's unlikely to happen. The passenger seat-back has the occupant detection system that controls the airbag on that side.

Chip H.

·
Registered
744 Posts
For starters I'd like to see one at a Dealership. I'll worry about the rest if that happens.
Exhibit A as to why this forum needs a like button.:act035:

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
How about access between the firewall and engine compartment via a grommet that can be cut for accessories, cables etc. And the same for access between the bed and the back of the cab to run stuff as well.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Since this thread is active again I'll throw my two cents in - keep accessory power when the truck is turned off until a door is opened. Super frustrating to be listening to something on the radio, pull up to where you're going, put it in park and turn the vehicle off which immediately shuts the radio off too. I have found a slight work around (when I remember to do it) by putting the truck in neutral before shutting it off - but you gotta make sure you keep your foot on the brake ;-)

Reactions: Farther

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
I second the diesel, manual transmission, increased towing and add a hand parking brake instead of the foot parking brake.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts