Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my truck, I went online and used carpoint to request quotes from nearby dealers. This worked well as I ended up buying from one of them. The problem is I've now got 10 different dealers calling all the time trying to sell me a car or find out if I bought one etc. I forgot to mention to my wife that Honda might be calling to follow up on my purchase. We'll, one particularly bad day, after the 10th "car call" she finally told the person where to go. They asked if we officially wanted to opt out of some program or something and my wife said yes and hung up. Looking at the caller ID, I think it was actually Honda instead of a dealer. Any idea what she opted me out of?

·
Registered
128 Posts
If it was American Honda, maybe she opted out of taking the new purchase survey. This is your chance to say things like, great/horrible sales/service/dealership/vehicle. Not sure but that'd be my take on the situation. Worst case, you gave up your chance to tell Honda what you thought of the buying process and your new truck. Then again, if you have and itching to say something, they have a toll free number you can call.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. If it's just the satifaction survey, thats no big deal. The only problems I had was it took a LONG time to complete the deal. 4 hours to buy and 2.5 to actually pick up the vehicle the next day and leave the lot. Other than that, it was pleasent.

I was just worried that with my luck, she just opted out of warranty coverage or something like that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
In the weeks after buying our Ridges we were getting calls from the dealerships' quality control people, Hondas' quality control people and random sales calls trying to pitch warrantees and the like. After we visit the service department (sometimes twice in the same week between the two of us) we get calls from Honda about our satisfaction with service as well.

They'll call our office and home numbers and won't leave a message if the person they ask for is busy, so some days we've gotten calls EVERY SINGLE HOUR (at home and work!!!) for their survey. Multiply that many calls by the two of us and I don't think it's a big surprise that I've lost my patience with them before!

So far they haven't pressed the "Off" switch at the factory. ;)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Mrs. JMT said:
In the weeks after buying our Ridges we were getting calls from the dealerships' quality control people, Hondas' quality control people and random sales calls trying to pitch warrantees and the like. After we visit the service department (sometimes twice in the same week between the two of us) we get calls from Honda about our satisfaction with service as well.
Persistent aren't they? My wife, in her infinite wisdom, decided to answer an unknown caller the other day and low and behold it was a Honda person asking me to do yet another customer survey. I had half a mind to say how am I supposed to know how good the car is, I haven't been able to drive it because you keep calling, but I behaved myself ;).

·
Registered
10 Posts
You're a kinder, gentler person than me ;)

When I took mine in last week to get the air flow thingie put back on they called *before* I made it back to the office!! :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts