Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 40 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rear door checkers is a must. Also a "real" 2-way remote start. OEM model is junk unless I open the door to garage and stand 10' away. Also simple wood dividers in the trunk keeps the junk in its place.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
L-Track Bed Tiedown System - perhaps the most used and appreciated mod I've made to any vehicle I've ever owned.

Definitely removing it when I sell my RL, we'll see how I can adapt it to my already ordered F150 ...

·
Registered
2017 AWD SPORT. Peragon. 1.5x0.5 traxda lift. 265/60/18 allseason. Elec popnlock. Door hack.
432 Posts
The ProClip USA magnetic phone mount for the iPhone is hands down (pun intended) the best thing I've put on a vehicle in awhile. I got one for my Miata as well.
Good call. I forgot to mention my magnetic phone mount. I have my base/dock mounted right above the 5" radio screen. It is so fast and easy to use compared to the clunky non-magnetic ones I've had in the past.

·
Registered
2022 RTL Modern Steel Metallic (coming soon)
58 Posts
Rear door checkers is a must. Also a "real" 2-way remote start. OEM model is junk unless I open the door to garage and stand 10' away. Also simple wood dividers in the trunk keeps the junk in its place.
Did they improve the rear door checkers for the ‘21 refresh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Stereo upgrade, alarm and remote starter upgrade, rigid (brand) bed cover, head light up grades with Lucas. Not cheap but well worth it. Another set of the stock wheels to put the new Blizzaks on for the winter.
Just probably right around $4 K in extras so far.
Did you upgrade from the 5 inch radio? I have a 2019 RTL with the tiny, basic radio and thought I'd have done that by now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
1. Door checkers.

Honorable mention:

Removing that plastic seat rail bar on backseat floor and getting the Husky Liners one piece floor covering.
Also have the front Husky Liners floor mats.
Tinted driver's and front passenger's windows.
Traxa 1.5 x 0.5 lift.
265/60/18 tires.
Peragon cover.
Custom subwoofer box that fits under rear seats and removes in 30 seconds and fits in trunk
Elec. Popnlock (usually unplugged)
Vcmtuner2 (currently unplugged)
Scanguage2.
Some cheap little stick-on fisheye blind spot mirrors.
How difficult was it to remove the plastic seat rail?
Is it easy to get back in?
Can someone sit in a back seat with no rail installed?
I have a 60lb golden doodle to put in the back. Trying to decide on a carpeted platform or removing the rail. Thanks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I didn't know what that was, but now I've ordered it. Any advice?
Boots: My last 3, 4 door sedans were ALL turbo engines.So there was nice bit of low RPM torque from a stop. This engine requires high rev's to move. I'm getting used to it.

What this does is simply reduce the HUGH throttle lag time from when you first step on pedal vs engine actually rev'ing up. First couple weeks I had truck I thought there was something WRONG. Read a few threads here and, well that's the way Honda made it.

I had it on about 20 of 30 for 1 - 2 weeks. Moved it to 30/30 so the delay is as short a time as possible with this device.

Easy to remove the actual gas pedal, 2 nuts, plug in devise, reinstall pedal. Then set to the desired level of responsiveness you'd like. No it DOES NOT make the truck faster, quicker, etc. It makes throttle more responsive which is best I'll get from this truck as there's no real aftermarket parts to get more power. Esp at low RPM in city type driving, 85% of my driving. Hope it does what you want!!! Esp since you already ordered!

Jim

·
Registered
2019 RTL-T
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Boots: My last 3, 4 door sedans were ALL turbo engines.So there was nice bit of low RPM torque from a stop. This engine requires high rev's to move. I'm getting used to it.

What this does is simply reduce the HUGH throttle lag time from when you first step on pedal vs engine actually rev'ing up. First couple weeks I had truck I thought there was something WRONG. Read a few threads here and, well that's the way Honda made it.

I had it on about 20 of 30 for 1 - 2 weeks. Moved it to 30/30 so the delay is as short a time as possible with this device.

Easy to remove the actual gas pedal, 2 nuts, plug in devise, reinstall pedal. Then set to the desired level of responsiveness you'd like. No it DOES NOT make the truck faster, quicker, etc. It makes throttle more responsive which is best I'll get from this truck as there's no real aftermarket parts to get more power. Esp at low RPM in city type driving, 85% of my driving. Hope it does what you want!!! Esp since you already ordered!

Jim
Thanks. I've always thought the gas pedal responsiveness left a lot to be desired. I'll give it a shot.

21 - 40 of 164 Posts