Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Probably not seated properly from assembly. Their are a few old threads of people complaining about dust in the trunk, they were missing this same cover.
That old thread you saw could very well have been mine! I didn't discover that mine was missing until I noticed that my trunk was getting excessively dusty from driving on gravel roads. That never happened to my Gen 1. So I became suspicious, and through this awesome group, discovered the issue and the dealer replaced it at no charge. I still haven't cleaned up my dusty trunk though. :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Is there something else missing? It looks like with that piece back in place it still won't prevent dust or water from getting sucked up into the trunk.

And unlike footer, above, my G1 did fill up with dust--discovered it after driving for hours in dirt roads with very fine dust, It was quite a mess. Turns out Honda forgot to put in the seal around the trunk lid. And I had a full shell on the truck, but the dust gets sucked in under the tailgate and into the trunk. Two separate problems. No good fix for keeping dust/water from getting sucked in under or around the tailgate. I've tried adding weather strip but it doesn't stay in place for long, so I put a couple of old towels along the bottom and edges of the tailgate.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Is it possible that sliding the spare tire tray in or out could have "bumped" it from the inside? That's the only thing I can think of that would push it out. Did you mess with the spare tire at all lately?
I have never had the spare tire tray out!

Probably not seated properly from assembly. Their are a few old threads of people complaining about dust in the trunk, they were missing this same cover.
This is what I believe.

Is there something else missing? It looks like with that piece back in place it still won't prevent dust or water from getting sucked up into the trunk.

And unlike footer, above, my G1 did fill up with dust--discovered it after driving for hours in dirt roads with very fine dust, It was quite a mess. Turns out Honda forgot to put in the seal around the trunk lid. And I had a full shell on the truck, but the dust gets sucked in under the tailgate and into the trunk. Two separate problems. No good fix for keeping dust/water from getting sucked in under or around the tailgate. I've tried adding weather strip but it doesn't stay in place for long, so I put a couple of old towels along the bottom and edges of the tailgate.
Nothing of which I am aware. The flappers are closed for the most part, so while I guess there could be some water ingress if I was driving through deep water at a high rate of speed, I think it is unlikely to occur.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
21 - 24 of 24 Posts