410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and how do I remove it?

tx

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
Your phone is connected, and has new email...

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doh, I feel so dumb. Thanks.

·
Registered
173 Posts
You've got mail! you've got mail! you've got mail!
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm assuming Special Ed from Crank Yankers

·
Registered
932 Posts
AOL you've got mail is my email notification. For the last 10 years or more.

I'm not the oldest guy out there and it amazes me how many young people have no effing clue where the you've got mail thing came from lol.

Reactions: zroger73 and lbjgh

·
Registered
7 Posts
Its a warning message - If you swipe from top edge of screen down as if you were viewing a notification on your phone you should be able to read it.

I get messages about brakes, steering, battery/alternator every time I listen to the radio in ACC and do not start the car prior to turning it off. It takes a few miles of driving for it to go away on its own. Appears to be a bug in those circumstances, if it appeared outside of the circumstances mentioned, id probably visit the dealer

·
Administrator
16,008 Posts
AOL you've got mail is my email notification. For the last 10 years or more.

I'm not the oldest guy out there and it amazes me how many young people have no effing clue where the you've got mail thing came from lol.
When cable internet came to my area around 2000 (at a whopping 0.5 Mbps download speed - my speed is now 100 Mbps), I was thrilled to get rid of AOL. Years later, the "You've got mail!" sound became the email notification on my smartphone for the sake of nostalgia.

Its a warning message - If you swipe from top edge of screen down as if you were viewing a notification on your phone you should be able to read it.

I get messages about brakes, steering, battery/alternator every time I listen to the radio in ACC and do not start the car prior to turning it off. It takes a few miles of driving for it to go away on its own. Appears to be a bug in those circumstances, if it appeared outside of the circumstances mentioned, id probably visit the dealer
ma2882, when you swipe down, does it take you to the HondaLink app?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had this as well. Has to do with a bug in the Honda link app. It pops up if the car is running with the phone connected and the phone loses its connection(ie:car wash,forgot lunch and had to go back inside). Or if your in accessory mode then start the truck.

Took it to the dealer to check this, they checked the computer and the warning was only on the app not the truck computer.See pic.It goes away after restarting the truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

Thanks ma2885.

I swiped down from the top and got the messages you referred to.

I'll have to monitor to see if I get errors as/when you described.

edit... I seem to have different errors.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yep, those are the ones I had.It freaked me out a bit, in my picture if I selected the errors they would show as yours did, do they go away when you restart the truck? Do you have a Android or Apple phone? Do you have any of these warnings on your trucks warning system(near the speedometer?.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All error messages cleared as soon as I started moving.

In my case it may be caused be turning off the ignition with the car in gear then shifting into park... This way I don't have to wait for the radio in accessory mode.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The stealership said Honda is working on that app l will not be holding my breath on that!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Strange HondaLink warnings

So... I was listening to music in auxiliary mode a couple of days ago...when I pressed the start button to go (forgot the brake) I got 3 alerts on the HondaLink screen. Took me a bit to find them... the mail symbol came up on the screen. They were... brake warning... ABS warning .. and Charge system warning. After I restarted the truck and drove a bit the warnings went away. I've been able to reproduce this almost every time. Anyone else seeing this. Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Re: Strange HondaLink warnings

Not what it was...I had no emails..it's definitely the Hondalink vehicle warnings as I've reproduced it 6-7 times now.... My sales person is looking into it today.

·
Registered
30 Posts

Ok....so I heard back...apparently if you press the start button a second time without the engine starting it does the startup checks and the brake system and charge system aren't on so it sends a warning to the hondalink system. It goes away after you start the truck and drive for a few min.... the mail symbol is NOT the one for email...it's the hondalink system.

·
Registered
50 Posts

I have never gotten hondalink to work between my phone and the Audio Display. I have the app installed, but hondalink on the head unit always says no connection, unless I have it connected to my house wifi. What does hondalink do anyway? Do these message show up on your phone or on the head unit?

·
Administrator
16,008 Posts

Ok....so I heard back...apparently if you press the start button a second time without the engine starting it does the startup checks and the brake system and charge system aren't on so it sends a warning to the hondalink system. It goes away after you start the truck and drive for a few min.... the mail symbol is NOT the one for email...it's the hondalink system.
Ha. The first-generation Ridgeline from 2009-? had a bug in the multi-information display that would briefly display a couple of warning messages and chimes on startup if you didn't immediately start the vehicle after turning the key on. My 2010 did it, but I think it was fixed by the time I got my 2014.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/71-problems-issues/43790-messages-normal-startup.html#post630779

·
Registered
30 Posts

Connected my phone by connecting through the personal hotspot. Then it worked...can get maps...weather ... vehicle info like warnings.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts