Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been keeping my eye on a Ridge for some time and I recently found one at my local dealership. It is a Taffeta White color. 2006 RTL!! I reached down and felt it The stain. It's a weird stain and feel to it. I don't know what to think of it. Here's a couple pictures... Any experience of thoughts on it? Probably where rust is starting to build up. The truck was originally from Florida and has been WI for a few years.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Lue,

Yeah man, truck is totally falling apart, I'd give it 6 months max before its in a junk yard for sure.... Run away from this one...

:)

<zoinks!>

·
Registered
482 Posts
All that is a form of "gravel guard" applied at the factory. It will look dirty after awhile. Some members (me included) paint the bottom black up to seam to cover it up.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,377 Posts
Vue, can you get a mirror and look at the back side of the seam? I'd also look at the jack points front & rear, there are two notches behind the front tire and in front of the rear tire, if the vehicle has been jacked up with standard jack will cut into the "gravel guard" and expose the steel in those areas. Other known areas of rust, from what I remember, the gas cap, hood front lip, rear bumper (another area where a mirror would help). Maybe some others can comment, on other places to look.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all! When I go in this Saturday to take the truck for a spin I will look under the truck better. As you can see it was later in the evening and I don't want to make that mistake. If any of you could think of any other places to check the truck for anything else, lemme know. Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks all! When I go in this Saturday to take the truck for a spin I will look under the truck better. As you can see it was later in the evening and I don't want to make that mistake. If any of you could think of any other places to check the truck for anything else, lemme know. Thanks!
More than likely its because its white. If this truck was a different color you wouldnt be able to see it.

You will almost never find a perfect truck in your price range. They are few and far between. If u are looking for a barely driven garage queen, then you better have a lot of patience and/or money because they arent that common.
I dont think rust is a common issue with the RL's. Now if you were looking for a Dodge Ram in this timeframe that is different story.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
The rear bumper looks like it has sensors. I was not aware that these were available on the 2006 models. I could be wrong. Otherwise the truck looks pretty nice for over 10 years old.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,377 Posts
They were a dealer option, and back in '05, I remember HandA.com used to sell them, I considered doing them but thought the price was excessive

·
Registered
588 Posts
It's just a paint process to make the lower sills more resistant to rock chips... Not rust... Buy a bottle of TarX... That should remove any baked in debris..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts