Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got to admit I've been out of the loop for a while. A buddy of mine last week he decided he like my 2011 so much he was going to buy a new one. He called me this morning and said Honda no longer had the RL listed on their site. Later in the AM he stopped by and dealer, they couldn't give him any news when the new truck would be hitting the dealers. I then offered to sell hime mine:act024:

Does anyone know when the dealers should be seeing the 2016-17 RL

Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
Maybe gen 2 will be a bigger attraction to those who never considered a Honda truck vs. us old veterans of the breed.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All the info we have is here.
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1561514&postcount=1

You could look for a left over or low mile 1st Gen.
Which I did in case the 2nd Gen is not to my liking.
Lots of conjecture and wishes in other threads in its
own sub section.
Thanks for the link, as far as my buddy goes Honda just shot themselves in the foot. He wants a new truck now........ not in 8-10 months. He's back looking at the Tacoma again. He did have a dealer do a search and they came up with a only a handful of Limiteds in the three states around PA

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
No way I'd buy a 2014 now. That's far worse than waiting 8 months for a new one.

·
Registered
950 Posts
After having an RL a Tacoma is second banana.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,604 Posts
Ridgeline:
safety, interior space, interior comfort, driving position and seat quality, rear seat space with flat floor and convertibility, ride quality, handling, on road 4wd performance, trunk and dual action tail gate, 48"plus between the wheel wells (4x8 building material lays flat) . . .

Tacoma(current): off road 4wd performance, trucky looks, configuration options, manual transmission option . . .

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Ridgeline:
safety, interior space, interior comfort, driving position and seat quality, rear seat space with flat floor and convertibility, ride quality, handling, on road 4wd performance, trunk and dual action tail gate, 48"plus between the wheel wells (4x8 building material lays flat) . . .

Tacoma(current): off road 4wd performance, trucky looks, configuration options, manual transmission option . . .
Bingo!

The Tacoma is good at what most people muse about doing on the weekend, but never do.

The Ridgeline is good at how most people who could conceiveably use a light truck actually use one. It's a very well designed lifestyle truck for people with small to mid sized trailers, need to do Home Depot runs, and have some challenging winter driving to do in varying conditions, including invisible changes in traction.

It's too bad that Honda's lousy marketing efforts mean that, over a decade of sales, consumer purchasing decisions persisted in reversing fantasy from reality. Hundreds of thousands of Tacoma drivers get a kidney-punching ride, can't easily carry 48" wide standard cargo items, and are caught in RWD because they think they are on dry pavement but aren't.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,407 Posts
Bingo!

It's too bad that Honda's lousy marketing efforts mean that, over a decade of sales, consumer purchasing decisions persisted in reversing fantasy from reality. Hundreds of thousands of Tacoma drivers get a kidney-punching ride, can't easily carry 48" wide standard cargo items, and are caught in RWD because they think they are on dry pavement but aren't.
Piss poor marketing was 90% of the Ridgeline's sales problems. In addition to a half @$$'d refresh in 2009, when they relocated it from ONT to AL. As we were just coming out of the 'downturn' and no real other new Small to Mid size Trucks were on the market, the Tacoma & Frontier were older than the Ridgeline and the Big 3 were 'on the Ropes' and pouring what little development money they had into Full size while allowing the Ranger, Dakota and Colorado/Canyon to die.

Honda missed an Opportunity, with ITO's stubborn conservative thinking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts