Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a funny story. I went to the carwash for the first time today. I thought I had a really smart idea to wash the heavy rubber floor mats that come with the truck. I figured they are rubber so I'll just put them in the back while I go through the wash. This is a no touch automatic car wash where the big arm swings around spraying water. The fun part came at the end when the drying fans turned on. I look in my rear view mirror and I see the floor mat from the back blow up in the vortex of the wind machine :eek: There are all kinds of signs in the washing garage that tell you to stay in your vehicle. Well, I wasn't about to loose my brand new floor mats. As soon as the machine turned off I went scrambling back behind my truck and scooped the floor mat up off the ground! The moral of the story...don't try this at home :)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Welcome aboard off2catchbass! That is a funny story! You paint a very vivid word-picture. I will have to remember your advice. Sometime I will tell you the story about when I was in High School, a few friends, a few adult beverages, a very large "puddle" that turned out to be more like a small lake, and our attempt to prove once and for all that a 1966ish VW Bug can float. Well, it sorta did - for a while. Thats where it really starts gets funny!
Once again, welcome to the ROC! Your contributions will help to make it even better!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Welcome to "The Club" off2catchbass.... I can see from your screen name that we have at least two things in common.... Ridgeline, and.... well see my screen name:D

·
Registered
954 Posts
Now thats funny story....I can picture the mats flying out of the bed..ha

Bassbud, and I thought you played the bass for a band. :D

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Funny story. I'll have to remember not to repeat that same mistake.:)

·
Registered
201 Posts
So did they swirl around ala Wizard of Oz or just fly up and out? I can picture you trying to scramble through the car wash just imagining another car trying to enter. :) Great story. I often go through a similar car wash but will only wash my mats by hand from now on!

P.S. UltraHog, I don't believe you shared that VW story in Cleveland. Perhaps next time.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
jaiden, now that you mention it, some of the same music that we were listening to in Cleveland (at the ROC meet at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame last month for those that didn't attend) was the same music that was playing on the 8-track at the time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the warm welcome all. Bassbud, you'll have to let me know about your towing experiences if you have towed a boat yet. I will tow a 20 ft Skeeter next spring and I am anxious to see how the truck tows. Jaiden, it swirled around like the wizard of Oz. Another thing I forgot to tell is that when I scrambled out of my truck all of these buzzers starting going off. The buzzers were to let you know that it was time to exit the car wash. I thought for a split second that the hidden camera caught me out of my vehicle!! :D Lol!!!

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
"The moral of the story...don't try this at home"

I think the moral should read...

The moral of the story...don't dry it this way at home!!

lmao

:)

L

·
0 Posts
ridgeln said:
Hmmm -

UH & Jaiden - don't you remember what our own LadyRidge's SO did w/ her floor mats? THE SAME THING!!! Only, Todd didn't get them back - he forgot about them!

8-track? What's that? JK!

-ridgeln
He had to call them and go back the next day to get them. I am sure he will be glad to know he wasn't the only one who attempted this and had them fly out. :D

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
off2catchbass said:
This is a funny story. I went to the carwash for the first time today. I thought I had a really smart idea to wash the heavy rubber floor mats that come with the truck. I figured they are rubber so I'll just put them in the back while I go through the wash. This is a no touch automatic car wash where the big arm swings around spraying water. The fun part came at the end when the drying fans turned on. I look in my rear view mirror and I see the floor mat from the back blow up in the vortex of the wind machine :eek: There are all kinds of signs in the washing garage that tell you to stay in your vehicle. Well, I wasn't about to loose my brand new floor mats. As soon as the machine turned off I went scrambling back behind my truck and scooped the floor mat up off the ground! The moral of the story...don't try this at home :)
Great story off2catchbass, We can just picture this happening. Too funny!:D

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Right up until you mentioned the mats flying out the back of the truck from the drying system, I was thinking, hey this is a good idea. Glad someone else did it and shared before I made the same mistake. At least you got them and got back in your truck safely, I always am afraid of those car washes when I see them on TV and cars getting squished together if someone screws up and puts on their brakes or something. I am a little less nervous now that I have actually used one, but the entire time my truck was going through, I was wondering how far ahead the vehicle that got in before me really was.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts