Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is his actual email to me when I asked him a question, what does everybody think of this !!!!

"Chris,

Thanks for your reply. The current Honda program gives dealers $1,000
in a marketing allowance towards the 2006 Ridgelines. This is not a
customer rebate. Dealer invoice on a RTS is $27,611. Even if a dealer
threw all of his marketing allowance at a customer the price would still
be $26,611. Just from a business point of veiw that doesn't make a
whole lot of sense. You need to ask and confirm with the other dealer
that their price includes and dealer fees, destination fee, or other
charges. Ask them for the VIN # and how many miles it has. What are they
offering you on the Axiom trade? Please let me know what they say and
we'll go from there. Thanks"
"

·
Registered
626 Posts
I thought dealerships also get some kick-back from manufacturers based on the number they sell in a month too...?

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
What the dealer failed to mention was the holdback, which on Hondas is 3% of the base MSRP. They can still make a profit, assuming they haven't used up all the holdback for flooring, advertising and sales commission costs.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think it may be time to find another Dealer. Is this a local Dealer near the Base? If so try looking for another in Omaha or even into Iowa.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Chris,

I got my Ridgeline RTL w/ Navi from Superior Honda. They are by far the cheapest and fairest dealership in the Omaha area. I have bought from Honda Cars of Bellevue before, and I have worked at both dealerships. Honda Cars of Bellevue likes to play games. Superior, on the other hand, will give you the best deal, especially if you go in, ask for Kevin Woodard (the General Manager), and tell him that I referred you to them. Again, you MUST tell him that I referred you.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Oh, also, Superior Honda is owned by Rhoden Motors, which also operates an Isuzu dealership, so you should be able to get top trade-in value.

·
Registered
186 Posts
chrissalvatore said:
This is his actual email to me when I asked him a question, what does everybody think of this !!!!

"Chris,

Thanks for your reply. The current Honda program gives dealers $1,000
in a marketing allowance towards the 2006 Ridgelines. This is not a
customer rebate. Dealer invoice on a RTS is $27,611. Even if a dealer
threw all of his marketing allowance at a customer the price would still
be $26,611. Just from a business point of veiw that doesn't make a
whole lot of sense. You need to ask and confirm with the other dealer
that their price includes and dealer fees, destination fee, or other
charges. Ask them for the VIN # and how many miles it has. What are they
offering you on the Axiom trade? Please let me know what they say and
we'll go from there. Thanks"
"
I was negotiating with two dealers, both good folks/dealers, but one much more convenient than the other (by about 200 miles). From my preferred/closer dealer, I received the same response you got; however, when I went to him and said, "okay, I'm going to make a decision today. I have your trade-in price on my Ford Ranger, now what is your very best price for my RL and the specified options?"...... He came in at $500 under invoice (i.e., gave me half of the $1,000 marketing funds), and a decent quote on the options. In addition, he was $2,000 higher/better on my trade-in than anyone else, which made this a no-brainer for me).

Bottom line: When he saw that I was ready to deal, he came through -- He did not want me to shop around his best deal, as it turned out (and I can relate to that based on my 35 years of business experience in a competitive world!). Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts