Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
So I have to post a warning. I have been running the Fat Bob's lift for two years and just replaced my CV axles for the second time. I was getting a clicking noise from the axle. I would caution anyone who drives their truck on a regular basis from installing a lift. I just had the lift removed and deciding whether to try and sell the lift or just toss in the trash.

I vote aftermarket axles are the issue. or tearing a boot and not noticing it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I vote aftermarket axles are the issue. or tearing a boot and not noticing it.
This is most likely the issue. I tore a boot during install (had broken hand at the time), had a dealer replace the boot but didn't check their work. They broke off the locking tab of one of the replacement bands, cv lost all grease and destroyed itself within a few months. They replaced it at their cost. Haven't had any issues in the 25k+ miles since. I don't regret the lift one bit. My Ridgeline has taken me over some great Rocky Mountain Jeep trails and through some harsh winters that really made the lift worth every penny.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Why sell your trouble to someone else..............Trash it.
Are you going to tell them why you uninstalled it, if so it wont sell.
It doesn't sound like the lift itself has failed; it's the truck that exhibited failures of its stock parts. This is one of the most peculiar data points.

tommy1394, did you replace with OEM axles or aftermarket? Did you do the job yourself or did a shop do it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
bumping an old thread.

Anyone had any experience with towing after installing a lift kit? Wondering if it will bog the rear end even with a deeper draw bar to compensate for the added height.

Thanks,

Rod

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
bumping an old thread.

Anyone had any experience with towing after installing a lift kit? Wondering if it will bog the rear end even with a deeper draw bar to compensate for the added height.

Thanks,

Rod
Adding a lift drops mpgs a bit, tire choice and size will drop it more. Mine hunted a for a gear a bit more on hills or stronger winds never really bogged just let the tranny do its job. I leveled my trailer with a two inch drop if thats what you mean by deeper drop bar. Have only pulled 2 sleds or a side by side that came out to around 2500lbs. Never had issues pulling or with the lift. That was then with my G1 no experience with my G2 yet.

·
Registered
111 Posts
bumping an old thread.

Thanks,

Rod
I tow a 4000 pound travel trailer with my Traxx 2” leveling or lift kit installed. Never had a problem with handling. I use a torsion bar type weight distribution hitch to level the truck out once the trailer is loaded. I keep the speed down to 100 KPH max.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts