Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- I posted over in the Rust thread that the fuel door should be changed like the Civic that is encased in plastic and tilted inward more so fuel does not drip down the side.

- Door Actuators, I had mine replaced under warranty but many others seem to have experienced this issue as well.

- Stronger/more powerful window motors, the current motor barely rolls up the window in very cold temp in the negatives.

- An engine that won't blow cylinders 4 & 5

- Dash lights - the bulbs don't burnout they just ALL have become disconnected

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
- I posted over in the Rust thread that the fuel door should be changed like the Civic that is encased in plastic and tilted inward more so fuel does not drip down the side.

- Door Actuators, I had mine replaced under warranty but many others seem to have experienced this issue as well.

- Stronger/more powerful window motors, the current motor barely rolls up the window in very cold temp in the negatives.

- An engine that won't blow cylinders 4 & 5

- Dash lights - the bulbs don't burnout they just ALL have become disconnected
If you do a quick search, you'll find there's already a thread that covers this ad infinitum. You can add your stuff there to maintain continuity, and you'll also see what others have already recommended. But it's kind of a "horse has left the barn" situation at this point. Still might be an interesting cross check list for when we see what the final product has and does not.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was trying to keep it to things already in the RL that need improvement...
Not another diesel thread....

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Well, seeing how most of that stuff will be rolled over from the new Pilot into the next gen RL, it might make more sense to see how well Honda has or has not improved them. If those problems have not been addressed already in the Pilot, I wouldn't expect them to be fixed in the Gen2 RL.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Re: What should be changed?

In my own case, more front seat leg room and head room. I purchased my 2011 Ridgeline because it had room inside, not sufficient room, enough room for me. The front seat is now back two more inches, four inches would be far better and of course my head brushes the interior of the ceiling.
None of the other pickup truck builders have any more room; and sadly the interior of the other current vehicles in the Honda motor vehicle line have far less interior room.
I keep my vehicles on average 10-12 years. So whatever Honda offers will have
perhaps settled by the time my Ridgeline requires replacement. Often wonder what others who are just big (include very tall or tall and bulky/fat drive these days?

·
Registered
9 Posts
As proud owners of 2008 Ridgeline, purchased new, we were interested to learn that Honda is working on a redesigned Ridgeline.

We would like to strongly suggest that Honda continue with some of our favorite and unique Ridgeline features.

We especially like the lockable trunk that extends below the level of the bed. This provides for good, secure storage of luggage and other items when travelling.

We also like very much the tailgate that opens both down and to the side. We use our tailgate to the side 99% of the time. Obviously, if Honda continues the in-bed trunk, it would be nearly worthless if the tailgate did not open to the side.

We would like to suggest that Honda provide heated outside mirrors either as a stand-alone option or standard across all Ridgelines. We live in Wyoming, and heated mirrors are a definite safety feature in our cold winters. We did not buy them on our ’08 Ridgeline because they were only available on an upgraded package which was too expensive and included other options that we had no need or use of.

We also suggest a change to the sound system display lighting. At night the display is much too bright. It should be dimmable.

Finally, the outside temp display needs to be located somewhere easily visible by both the driver and front passenger, perhaps in the audio display where the clock is.

This Ridgeline was our first Honda and we have enjoyed it very much. When we need to replace it, we would strongly favor buying another Ridgeline although we live over 100 miles from our nearest dealer which makes service both expensive and inconvenient.

If Honda does not carry forward the two features we mentioned above, then the Ridgeline becomes just another pickup. If it becomes just another pickup, then we would consider it but only as one of many, many pickup choices available to us, including those with easy local service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts