Registered
774 Posts
I wonder if they'll give us a group discount? :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
RidgeInMaine said:
Sounds like a bunch of crap.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CBTHLU/104-0129447-9023975?v=glance&n=553294&%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance

Honda Ridgeline Hot InaZma Hyper Voltage System with Extra Hyper Ground Wire Set in Black to Increase horsepower and torque - Gain performance and increase power to your Honda Ridgeline, improved fuel efficiency, easy installation.
Sounds like it works similar to a capacitor which stores a charge and depending on the outbound load releases energy so in essence it can keep your voltage better regulated during high draw peiods. Similar devices were used on refrigerators etc which can hog power during cycles but federal regulations later forced manufacturers to build them in making them more efficient.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
The one thing that definitely it will do is lighten your load. In you wallet, that is, but not much more. I expect to see this kind of junk on EBay. I am surprised to see it on Amazon.

·
Registered
484 Posts
fishnbanjo said:
Sounds like it works similar to a capacitor which stores a charge and depending on the outbound load releases energy so in essence it can keep your voltage better regulated during high draw peiods. Similar devices were used on refrigerators etc which can hog power during cycles but federal regulations later forced manufacturers to build them in making them more efficient.
Yeah, that'd be great if we had electric motors... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
774 Posts
You mean a FLUX CAPISTOR?

·
Registered
511 Posts
But with Hyper in the name so many times, how can it be bad?? I wonder if it would come with Yellow stickers to put on the side of my truck because everyone know that Yellow stickers add power too :D .

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
The concept is sound. How much of a difference it'll make on the Ridgeline is another story. IMHO, you don't need a fancy device such as the item talked about - just good ground.

I was given a 1984 Honda Accord by my sister-in-law. It has 94, 000 km on it. Starting was a bit of a problem until I upgraded the ground cables. Wow, night and day difference. Thicker wire, better connectors, and a few extra grounding points.

My old Civic benefited as well from better grounding. Biggest difference was when I added extra ground from engine to chassis and ECU to ground.

You get small HP and torque gains, but what impressed me was the power band being smoother and improvement in idling and starting.

BTW, my Accord is carburated, while the Civic was fuel injected. Both benefited greatly.

I never had a voltage stabilizer installed on any of my cars, but some people swear by them - any electrical device will operate better if given a stable power supply. Again, is it enough to justify spending the money?

My Ridge has upgraded cables (1/0 gauge) and it runs very nicely. Easy to do and a heck of a lot cheaper than the Hyper Voltage thingy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts