Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to ask if anyone has encountered this kind of issue and how you may have solved it.

Have an 08 Ridgeline that is making a weird noise/vibration. It is intermittent and shows up at 30mph and at 45mph only. It is a loud rumbling type vibration but does not affect the drivability in any way. I had a Honda Tech. drive it for 45 min and put it on the lift but is still un-diagnosed. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 09 Ridgeline and experience the same thing. My noise/shudder occurs on the right rear (dust shield bangs on rim and shudders) at 60 km in overdrive and low revs. I was wondering if I should change the wheel bearing +$500. I have changed the differential fluid with VTM4. I don't know if it is the differential locking up or the wheel bearing that is the cause. As it is very intermittent, I have not proceeded with a repair as the mechanics won't say definitely what the issue is and I don't want to replace everything!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
My 08 has 204k+ miles. It shudders sometimes between 30 - 45MPH and I believe it's the torque converter slipping. I speed up or slow down to get past the vibration. If I hit it around 40 and hold that speed it rumbles like described. Not much to do about it but rebuild/replace the transmission but at my mileage I'll deal with it. Just change the fluids regularly and you should get many more miles out of it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I thought that I would feel it on my feet if it was the transmission. I don't feel it in the steering wheel. I don't know if the differential was locking up or the wheel/bearing.(Seems to come from right side.) I thought that it was direct drive rear dif and no clutch plates.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts