Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed something and was wondering if I missed out on a small accessory? When you pop open the small lid on top of the center console and look under it. It appears as though there is a guide and clip meant to accept something. Did anyone receive their truck with anything clipped to this? Does anyone know what the heck this is for?:confused:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yeah, received nothing in there but salesman said something like, "business cards, notepad, pen, calculator...................." Have not seen any other info that clearly explains it's purpose or shows a picture.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for shedding some light on this mystery crevice-ma-hoozee-ma-wattsitz. Sounds like we need to creatively utilize this space. :p

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Has everyone discovered that the top padded area on the console slides forward? My dogs discovered this for us and it sure makes the arm rest area fit better. It supports your arm closer to elbow to wrist instead of just dropping off at mid-arm.

I've no idea what the intended purpose is for the clip area.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yes, found the sliding armrest about a week after wondering what was taking up all the unused space of the compartment lid.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Here is what I in this area...the clip holds a ballpoint pen just perfectly and the opening stores business cards.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I keep my business cards and a few bucks in the clip.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Truckin,

Yeah my dog discovered the sliding armrest for me too. And I thought he was just getting fur all over the truck. I need to find a better way to keep him in back. (Maybe I should start a new thread).

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
there is a whole thread somewhere on dog restraints for the back seat and the bed.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
ROColorado said:
Truckin,

Yeah my dog discovered the sliding armrest for me too. And I thought he was just getting fur all over the truck. I need to find a better way to keep him in back. (Maybe I should start a new thread).
Yeah, aren't fuzzy family members fun to have. My girls love their truck! A little dog hair never bothers me.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Thanks for all the sweet info. I have populate the inside lid of my center console with business cards and a pen for the clip. Life is complete now. :D

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Does anybody know if something like a small legal pad or some other type of notepad will fit in the square, recessed area underneath the armrest? There's a clip for a pen and the area looks like a notepad of some type could fit, but I've discovered the junior legal pads aren't small enough. :(

·
Premium Member
7,780 Posts
It's for business cards.

L

·
0 Posts
scottIN said:
Or if you're a young single guy, condoms...

Actually, it's supposed to be for your insurance card.
I see married life has brought out the tiger in you.......Grrrrr..lol

·
Registered
802 Posts
LadyRidge said:
I see married life has brought out the tiger in you.......Grrrrr..lol
No, I'm all high from the fuel fumes @ the go kart track - just came back a while ago. have a meeting right now, and then I'm headed back out for another hour of driving.:)

L

·
0 Posts
scottIN said:
No, I'm all high from the fuel fumes @ the go kart track - just came back a while ago. have a meeting right now, and then I'm headed back out for another hour of driving.:)
Must be nice. :(
I'm jealous. That's such a cool track.
Have fun buddy.
It will always be a special place to me since it's where you and I had a micro mini meet. :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
shovelhd said:
I keep my business cards and a few bucks in the clip.

Nice. The wife and I usually keep emergency gas $$ in the console of our
car(s).. usually just laying around loose, this'll keep it in place. Good idea.

*I too wondered what it might be.. but figured it was for a garage opener.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts