Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning up after a successful stereo head unit install in my '09 RT and found this under my passenger front carpet. I have no idea what it is!

Looked around and could identify no clues.

What is it? Did I dislodge it while routing wires behind the dash?

Description: about 7" long. Handle on one end, plunger on the other with red seal ring. White grease on seal. Black plastic.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Bracket that attaches your glove compartment to the dash.

Attaches on the right side. You'll notice that the glove drops open instead of opening slowly. Once you eyeball the area, easy to re-attach.

You're not the first one to freak out....:act035:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK gotcha! Thanks a bunch! Dampens the glove box motion. Those tricky Honda engineers.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
A lot of people including Honda Dealer Techs leave that gizmo undone. It can be a pain to put back, and adds an extra 2 minutes to changing the A/C filter. Just sayin.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So maybe I didn't accidentally dislodge it. Rather the mechanic stuck I under the carpet when he changed the cabin air filter 6 months ago.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
So maybe I didn't accidentally dislodge it. Rather the mechanic stuck I under the carpet when he changed the cabin air filter 6 months ago.
Maybe, often leaving clues as to how honest they really are. Or he just did not know, but instead of finding out decided to be 'sneaky'.

Reminds me of finding a broken glass under a bathroom sink in a hotel room. There were supposed to be 2 glasses but only 1 on top..I guess a 'forgetful' housekeeper thought we would be charged for her mistake. A quick call to the front desk kept things under control.
Small step from lying to stealing.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,871 Posts
If you accidentally forget to remove it when you lower the glove box to service the air filter, it will likely come out (don't ask how I know). Just slide it back in the tube and re-attach to the stand-off on the side of the glove box. I use pliers to snap it back on. Should be a 10 second job.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Iffy lube undid mine to change the cabin air filter about 3 years ago. They forgot to put it back until I corrected them. Took them longer to do that then to change the oil and filter. Guess that says something about Iffy Lube!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts