Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this thread while doing a search. Interesting to hear what these folks have to say about the Ridge.

Although I will say that some of these folks "ain't terribly bright..." ;)

Link to thread

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
JaxRidge said:
I came across this thread while doing a search. Interesting to hear what these folks have to say about the Ridge.

Although I will say that some of these folks "ain't terribly bright..." ;)

Link to thread
Yeah, I took a look, they sound like Mike Titan - ah- I mean Mike Tison, real bright folks.

You ever look at the side profile of Nissan Titan? Talk about ugly!
The rear roof line keeps going up and up then drops backward toward front of truck at the bedline.

Looks totally out of porportion to the bed and rest of the truck's contours.
I noticed this when looking at Titan and Taco's berfore desiding on the completely innovative and creative looking RL.

Joe

·
Registered
311 Posts
Just read through that whole thread. What annoys me more than anything when people discuss a product (any product) is that they spew opinions and biases without educating themselves the slightest on the product they love or hate. OK, so you may think the Ridgeline is ugly, that's your right to think so. But all the mis-information regarding the spare tire, the power, the construction, etc., really irk me. I won't be registering on that site (or any other site that hates on the RL) because I think we should all the take the high road and just keep to ourselves. But I'm irked nonetheless.

·
Registered
82 Posts
personally i think people just get caught up in bad mouthing everything that ISNT related to their own thread. i think reading that is funny. Personally i think that the Titan is nice looking truck. I actually considered it before the RL came out.
No comparison in my mind, but i certainly dont have a problem with anyone who has one and preffers it over the Ridge. i just think they are immature for insulting and badmouthing something they know nothing about. I think we can do better than that by not stooping to their level by insulting what is ALSO a nice truck, in the Titan.

·
Registered
311 Posts
DABRidgeman333 said:
personally i think people just get caught up in bad mouthing everything that ISNT related to their own thread. i think reading that is funny. Personally i think that the Titan is nice looking truck. I actually considered it before the RL came out.
No comparison in my mind, but i certainly dont have a problem with anyone who has one and preffers it over the Ridge. i just think they are immature for insulting and badmouthing something they know nothing about. I think we can do better than that by not stooping to their level by insulting what is ALSO a nice truck, in the Titan.
I couldn't have put it better myself (although I tried!). :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
i was just about to post something very similar. we were on the same wave length while posting at the same time!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I considered a Titan. The dealers sell them dirt cheap around here. But even at a discount you still pay around 33 grand to get to the same level of equipment that a RTL has. Two of my friends have a Titan. Guess what they are complaining about every day. Gas Prices. Those Titans are thirsty.

One more thing then I'll be done. They use their trucks just like I do. Commute, Home Depot, Into town and back. This crap about a real truck is a bunch of bull. What a bunch of hypocrites.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I had my first closeup look at the Titan at last year's Tampa Auto show. I was very impressed with all it had to offer. When the Ridgeline came out, I never gave it another look.
Honestly, if I had to pull a big trailer or boat or worked in the construction industry, I would have probably bought one. Like the rest of you, I am thrilled with my RL

·
Registered
626 Posts
Well, what the one guy said about the spare tire is true -- if your bed is fully loaded, and you get a flat, you can't get to the spare, cuz you have to get to it via the trunk. This is the same problem in my wagon, as well as just about any other car that doesn't have the spare up in front with the engine (as my old Subaru did) or hanging under the belly of the truck bed. Is this a legitimate concern? Sure. Is it likely to happen very often? No, and not because "we don't use it as a truck". Flats don't happen very often, period; load or no load.

Would I rather have the locking in-bed trunk with the slight chance of the inconvenience of a flat with a loaded bed, or a Titan? I think you all know the answer to that one! (Those back seats look tiny!) :D

·
Registered
311 Posts
T Mac said:
Just as a FYI.. let's not post over there and start a big flame war between clubs. Those never end pretty. :) Thanks.
I agree. But if that were to happen, we could all meet in the back of an alley and have a kung-fu fight to the death! :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
It is interesting to see how the uneducated buyers choose their vehicles. I am sure we could counter any of their concerns about why the RL is done the way it is.
Heck, I think the Titan is ugly. And after I had to put up with a few years of crap from Nissan regarding a lemon Pathfinder we had, I will never look at them again. (Tranny fell out 1000 miles after warranty--no coverage or help from Nissan. Engine spun a bearing at 55K miles-- top to bottom rebuild....and 2 weeks before we traded it in, the (new) torque converter stopped locking up in OD.)

My folks bought a "first year" of the remodel Quest and had it for only a couple of days in the first 30 because of multiple problems with the security system (keys kept forgeting their programming so no start) and twice had the fuel pump replaced due to leaks. Not to mention squeaks they can't find or fix.

If they were informed over at that other site, they would know that we RL owners can mount the spare in the bed itself (RTFM) , if we know that we are gonna haul something that would block the access.... Nuff said.

"I just smiled and waved, sittin' there on that sack of seeds."

·
Registered
82 Posts
100% agreed Tmac... it was more rhetorical than suggestive.

Hey method,,, so much for our idea of NOT bashing others prefference. huh.?

·
Registered
140 Posts
The RidgeLine is not for the closed minded. It obvious those guys on that Titan thread have long ago given up free thinking and new ideas. The Ridgeline is different and is not the status quo. There are many people who will bang their head on a wall just because that is what they have always done. And they can't understand why they have a headache. ;)

·
Registered
311 Posts
DABRidgeman333 said:
100% agreed Tmac... it was more rhetorical than suggestive.

Hey method,,, so much for our idea of NOT bashing others prefference. huh.?
Oh well, we tried.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Wow. Those guys seem more interested in flashy signatures than in actual post content.

I wonder what the age demographic is for the Titan forum versus the RL forum. Based on the couple of threads I browsed, I would say the average age for people posting is a good 10-15 years younger over there.

·
Registered
311 Posts
EBone said:
Wow. Those guys seem more interested in flashy signatures than in actual post content.

I wonder what the age demographic is for the Titan forum versus the RL forum. Based on the couple of threads I browsed, I would say the average age for people posting is a good 10-15 years younger over there.
You know when I read that, I read 10-15 years old. I thought "that sounds about right." :D

·
Registered
993 Posts
Just read the thread. They seem mostly like a bunch of kids spouting one liners, but for the most part they seem like a docile bunch just taking up bandwidth on the net, not worthy of a response.

I really could care less what other people drive. If it works for them, good. There is no vehicle that provokes such a strong emotional response in me that I'm compelled to type hateful words about it on the net. The fact that the RL provokes that kind of response in people makes me grin ear to ear, and makes me even happier that I own this truck. A mention of the RL in any forum can easily spawn threads with hundreds of replies with some people that hate it with a ferocity that we haven't known since we fought the Nazis in WWII. It's pretty fun, and hard to look away especially when your pretty informed on the product. The RL is a phenom. We are driving the most important vehicle to come along in years in the automotive industry. That's why it spawns such hot debate. People seem most comfortable when they can slap a label on something with certainty. The RL defies the labeling process, hence the debate. They simply can't believe a vehicle can do everything well, but they're wrong. The Ridgeline comes as close to vehicular perfection in ride, capability, hauling flexibility than any vehicle ever has. God help anyone that wants to debate that point with me, because they'll look like a fool when I'm done with them. Why? because they haven't even bothered to inform themselves before they've entered the debate.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts