Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so us folks with a 2021 (and probably other years) Sport and the RL models don't have the inverter and power port back in the "cubby" in the bed of our trucks, which means we have this very nice (but unlockable) little storage space that should be great for ... something. So what creative ideas has anyone come up with for taking advantage of that space?

·
Registered
2021 Canadian Ridgeline Sport
134 Posts
I have one of those plasticized fabric grid-like things that cost a few bucks and connects to the tie-downs on each side. People sometimes put them across the back of their trucks in the mistaken belief that using the fabric grid instead of the tailgate will increase the gas mileage. It won't. I use it to keep certain types of things from rolling around in the bed or securing full-length lumber from sliding out when the tailgate is down. That, plus a couple of bungees, allows me considerable versatility in adjusting its length to secure stuff. It fits nicely in the cubby, and I don't have to dig it out of the trunk after I already have something in the bed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Okay, so us folks with a 2021 (and probably other years) Sport and the RL models don't have the inverter and power port back in the "cubby" in the bed of our trucks, which means we have this very nice (but unlockable) little storage space that should be great for ... something. So what creative ideas has anyone come up with for taking advantage of that space?
Work gloves, bungee cords, middling length of rope, and a roll of duct tape.

·
Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
5,574 Posts
Okay, I gotta ask what the black lipstick is for? Some weird doomsday cult ceremony??
Not sure, but I think it has something to do with camouflaging your face when the zombie apocalypse hits. I first saw it referenced on Top Gear America when they were building the ultimate doomsday vehicle. Rutledge Wood was interviewing a real-life prepper, and that was one of the items recommended. Not just camouflage, but marks under your eyes, like the football players utilize, help keep the sun from blinding you.

I later saw it on Duck Dynasty when they were using lipstick to paint their faces. Ducks can pick out a naked face from a long way off. So there you have it - third-party speculation!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not sure, but I think it has something to do with camouflaging your face when the zombie apocalypse hits. I first saw it referenced on Top Gear America when they were building the ultimate doomsday vehicle. Rutledge Wood was interviewing a real-life prepper, and that was one of the items recommended. Not just camouflage, but marks under your eyes, like the football players utilize, help keep the sun from blinding you.

I later saw it on Duck Dynasty when they were using lipstick to paint their faces. Ducks can pick out a naked face from a long way off. So there you have it - third-party speculation!
Well, that's "interesting" - protection from zombies, or camouflage from ducks. At least there is some basis to it all - Yale University actually studied the stuff - but they didn't test lipstick:

"Eye black grease, a combination of beeswax and pigment used by many athletes to combat sun glare, provides better contrast sensitivity than anti-glare stickers, Yale researchers have found."

"Eye black grease appears to be more than just psychological war paint," said principal investigator Brian M. DeBroff, M.D., assistant professor of ophthalmology at Yale School of Medicine. "When we started this study, we weren't expecting to find any type of anti-glare properties or any improvement in visual contrast with eye black grease, but it made improvements in both these areas and was more effective than other products."

1 - 20 of 31 Posts