Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put a protective treatment on their running boards that does not make them slippery? WD40 - NO! Armorall - NO!! 303 Protectant??

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Ultra-HOG said:
Has anyone put a protective treatment on their running boards that does not make them slippery? WD40 - NO! Armorall - NO!! 303 Protectant??
I use 303 protectant on the running boards as well as everything else beside the paint :)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank's! I will try the 303 on the running boards. I like the stuff a lot. I was worried about making them too slippery when they are wet. I bought the 303 based on what others have posted on this site. I will never use Armorall again.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
swampler said:
I haven't found any 303 locally. Any suggestions on where to find it?
We found it at a local trailer supplies shop in a car dealership. I discovered they were selling it from the 303 website.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
They have an 800 number on their web site and took my order on the phone. Credit card needed. 3 days later, I got it delivered to my doorstep. I went also for the fabric cleaner and fabric protectant as my RTS cloth seats needed cleaning - the grey seats show every stain and spec of dirt.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
BillB said:
They have an 800 number on their web site and took my order on the phone. Credit card needed. 3 days later, I got it delivered to my doorstep. I went also for the fabric cleaner and fabric protectant as my RTS cloth seats needed cleaning - the grey seats show every stain and spec of dirt.

Let me know if the fabric cleaner works. I have a couple of spots thanks to my 4yr old that I would really like gone.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I've used tire sidewall cleaning foam. One that you spray (after cleaning them) and walk away. When I use it on the running board, I do wipe it off. It lasts a couple weeks and is not slippery. I did try the 303, but it does'nt last (luster, clean look).

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Still haven't gotten around to the cloth cleaning. I hear from others that it leaves a distinct odor that takes a couple of days to dissapate. Tough to ride around with the windows down as it is getting a bit cold in my neck of the woods. I have just added it to the list of a couple of dozen projects I have started and are in varying states of not finishing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts