Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
There is a lot of excellent information on this topic from members with a great deal of first hand knowledge and experience. Based I what I read here, I ordered the Pinacle over Klasse kit from www.properautocare.com for my black Ridgeline and for my wifes green 02 Accord. I also ordered the Porter Cable buffer and have been very pleased with the results. I have not done the Accord yet but expect to next week.

L

·
0 Posts
I went and bought a duffle bag and filled it with all kinds of really cool stuff to make Lady Ridgena shine. The only thing I have not gotten so far is a wax. I'll watch you guys and see who comes out the winner. I did get the 303. Maybe I'll try it today.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I don't wax but I do use the Klasse all in one polish. Works great and is so simple. Chances are I will never wax again and just polish her with Klasse twice a year. If I had a darker color I would probably use a good wax.

·
Registered
188 Posts
shortspark said:
I don't wax but I do use the Klasse all in one polish. Works great and is so simple. Chances are I will never wax again and just polish her with Klasse twice a year. If I had a darker color I would probably use a good wax.
Yes to all of this.
Arizona and silver, use an acrylic like klasse all in one.
Others, Nu Finish, Menerza, Zaino, Blackfire, Meguires poly sealant...
Check it all out, try Zaino's site and Properautocare above.
Both are informative.
I'm trying Manerza polish and FMJ on my 2 black vehicles.
Everything is decent and works, though. :)

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
I used regular Turtle wax and now have to find something to get it off the black trim parts, or to polish the black trim parts...?????????

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
www.properautocare.com is a great resource for quality information and products. After reading ROC members comments and suggestions I ordered their Pinacle over Klasse system for my black Ridgeline and have been very pleased with the results. Since it is new I did not use the clay product that they and others suggested but I will use it on my wifes two year old Accord.

If you are considering an electric buffer, the Porter Cable buffer is great. You don't have to have it to apply Klasse but if you have any surface spots like I had in the hood it will help. You definetely don't need it for Pinacle wax. The other items that they have that I really like is the BlackFire tire kit. I will never use Armorall again on tires. Also, the 303 Protectant is excellent. Again, much better than Armorall. Make sure that you have enough microfiber towels on hand. Good ones are worth it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've used Mother's wax for years. For my new Black Ridge I bought the Mother's Reflections wax and in my opinion it is the best. My last 3 trucks have been black and Mother's has never let me down. The key is to apply at least 3 coats over a month or two month period. Then its all maintenance from there. I also used the Mr Clean Auto Dry on this truck and that is another great product. No water spots at all. And it didn't strip my first coat as some have mentioned. Maybe on lesser quality waxes it might but Mother's is the key.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Just Turtlewax, so far, but if I find a wax that won't be stripped off when my wife uses the automatic car wash, I'll be all over it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Before I made a hobby out of detailing, I used to ask that question alot. Ask 2 people and you are likely to get 2 different answers. There are lot of great products out there on the market these days. I have tried many of them. Even did side by side comparsons by using different waxes on different panels of the same vehicle. The last time I did it was on the RL and used 4 different waxes about 2 months ago. I could not tell a bit of difference between them. But, I did not keep them on long enough to test how long each would last. But as far as initial appearance, all were identical.

After trying different waxes like this over time, I have found that most products you will find on the shelf today ae very similar as far as appearance goes. Now keep in mind that some products will start to reveal more depth and clarity after you get a few coats on, but for this discussion I am thinking of the average user who is hoping to get the most bang for the buck from one wash and wax job.

For some of us folks there is a bit more to it than just waxing. I like to clay my paint after washing. Then I clean the paint using a paint cleaner then I go for removing any defects like scratches and such. Then I use a polish then a wax.

Now that I have gotten way off topic here, to get to back on track and answer your question. I use Meguiar's NXT TECH WAX on my white Ridgeline and love it. It gives me all the "POP" I need from a wax and it also helps me to fight hard water spotting as well as acid rain marks. I have an ungaraged Ridgeline and have had it for a few months now and there is not even the hint of a water mark on it and I have never had to try to remove any. I don't know it does it but it does it well.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Jeff said:
Now that I have gotten way off topic here, to get to back on track and answer your question. I use Meguiar's NXT TECH WAX on my white Ridgeline and love it. It gives me all the "POP" I need from a wax and it also helps me to fight hard water spotting as well as acid rain marks. I have an ungaraged Ridgeline and have had it for a few months now and there is not even the hint of a water mark on it and I have never had to try to remove any. I don't know it does it but it does it well.
I just bought the Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax. I haven't gotten to use it yet, as it won't stop raining @@

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
SEPHIROTH said:
Just curious of what type of wax everyone uses.
Green on the bikini line, yellow on the mustache, orange on the legs and chest.

Oh wait, not that kind of wax! Sorry!

Attachments

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
Jeff said:
I use Meguiar's NXT TECH WAX on my white Ridgeline and love it.
Thanks Jeff. Always good to hear it from a professional.

Can you tell me what will bring the black back to the trim parts, like on top of the bed rails and around the windows? The Turtle wax I used left a white residue that won't come off. Thx

1 - 20 of 161 Posts