Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

121 - 140 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Has anyone used IBIZ products. I have a friend with a new Corvette that looks absolutely amazing with these products. Apparantly IBIZ has a good relationship with the Corvette Club of America. I am tempted to buy since I have seen his car in person and frankly I didn't think you could make a Corvette look that good!!!:):)
I saw some reviews online today that were positive plus easy to use. I bought a small 18oz bottle to try. Anyone else use IBIZ Waterless Wash and Wax?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Flitz waxx

Spray on while drying after hand wash, in the rain, no issues on any surface lasts...never waxxed again paste etc..
303 on the interior and tires...done

·
Registered
648 Posts
Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
146 Posts
I saw some reviews online today that were positive plus easy to use. I bought a small 18oz bottle to try. Anyone else use IBIZ Waterless Wash and Wax?
I ended up using for first time last night. Makes my 2008 look new.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was previously using turtle wax ICE synthetic wax but have moved over to Meguiars wax since it seems easier to apply and buff than the ICE. Both were good waxes. Benefit to the ICE was that it did not leave any white residue on the black plastic trim

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Currently quite satisfied with the mirror results on a Black Edition after clay bar and some medium defect buffing, using Jay Leno’s Garage Hand Wax. Actually it goes on the vehicle instead of your hands, it’s a blue premium Carnuba, very easy to work with. Top it off with world’s best sealant other than full ceramic, Turtle Wax Ice Polish. Used per directions (sparingly not in sheets) this is incredible at small fills and incredible gloss but even better durability. Don’t believe me, check the dozens of comparisons to high end products it kicks butt. The other color TW Ice N Shine gives a dipped wet look to a 4 y/o white pearl Toyo too, even the Ice detailer or orange Leno detailer help keep the top coat slick and clean between full washes. The T-dubs are under $8 at Wally-wuyld.

Really want restore black not tickle it?
Use “Solution Finish”, a naturally absorbing black trim restorer, a dye type product that if you carefully Isopro Alcohol wipe first, will restore to as good or better than new. Recommend gloves and a top coat like Black Magic Pro Shine on it afterward to seal and block UVs. The 1 oz can turn an entire Avalanche all grayed out back to jet black with 1/4 left or more if youcan spread and rub well, it’s mostly about prep so you start with a clean surface to treat. This stuff lasts a year if you don’t sand blast it
My 17 is always outside and people often think it’s a 19 as that must be the first time they came out with a Type R... mission accomplished!

·
Registered
138 Posts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Saw this thread last week. I looked up the HydroSilex stuff. To me, it's pricey @ $35 for a 16 oz. bottle. I've ordered and tried everything McGuires too. Hate picking white wax from my black truck (for months). Saw Video comparisons of HydroSilex to Bead Maker by P & S... (One Gallon of Bead Maker is $34.00 ) Bought Bead Maker. I applied Bead Maker to my Black color 2019 Sport yesterday. Have to say, Bead Maker makes my paint feel smooth like glass- and the shine is awesome. Appyling Bead Maker was sooo easy too.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Turtle Wax ICE hybrid. Spray on, wipe/buff off. The water on my hood not only beads, but they are round like little marbles! This stuff is pretty incredible.....no problem if you get it on rubber, plastic, trim or glass...in fact, I plan to spray it on my windshield because it seems to work on glass better than Rain-X!

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,867 Posts
Turtle Wax ICE hybrid. Spray on, wipe/buff off. The water on my hood not only beads, but they are round like little marbles! This stuff is pretty incredible.....no problem if you get it on rubber, plastic, trim or glass...in fact, I plan to spray it on my windshield because it seems to work on glass better than Rain-X!
I use the Turtlewax spray on wax as well. The cheaper version: One step wax and dry.

·
Registered
138 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
I bought this Recharge along with IronX and Eraser when I applied a ceramic coating to my wifes Mustang because it was recommended. Too expensive for my taste, but it's lasted two years already so that's not really too bad.
The BeadMaker is really good stuff and you cannot beat the price. I highly recommend that product, but it's not a wax that's asked for in this thread, but a sealer, top coat. It really does a great job though.
For wax, I use Meguiars X wax which is a spray and wipe, similar to all of the other products of that type including the BeadMaker. It's really easy to put a coat after a wash and seems to do a good job.
Wet Obsession is what I use on my Roush Mustang. Leaves the paint like glass.
F11 is also a good top coat like beadmaker, but 4 times the price and not worth it in my opinion.

There you go..

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't know how good they are (or how good they need to be) but Sam's Club has 20 packs of microfiber towels for around $15. Since I don't have the other products to compare to all I can say is these are terrific compared to anything else I have used.
Is it just me, or do micro fiber towels leave micro fibers everywhere? Seems like all the ones I've purchased over the years, from Costco or Home Depot, they all shed lint.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'll probably get a lot of "hate" for this, but... I purchased my G2 in Sept of 2017 ('18 model year) and have never washed or waxed it myself. I've always run it through a local wash rack at least once a week, and sometimes more depending on weather. I have an "unlimited" plan that allows me to wash the truck once a day if I want to, for only $15 a month. They have something called ArmorAll Extreme Shine Wax with Carnauba that gets sprayed on at the end. I don't know if it is any good, but after 2 years and at least a hundred car washes later, the rain water beads, bugs wipe right off and everything is real shiny. Even the under side gets power washed and the tires get hand applied protectant! Plus, after one year, they hand wax the entire truck for free! So, for $180 a year, my truck always looks brand new and clean and all I have to do is sit there and enjoy the ride (through the tunnel). Now, if I can only figure out a way to keep the water from constantly dripping out of the rear window spoiler/shroud thingy and messing up the rear window.

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
I've been using Meguiars Synthetic X-Press spray wax on our Ridgeline and Accord for over a year now and I love it!

Wash and dry vehicle, spray X-Press on panel, wipe with microfiber towel, buff off with microfiber towel, done. It makes rubber and plastic trim look black and glossy (be sure surfaces are clean so you don't seal in dirt). It also makes chrome and glass slick and water repellent, though I don't like to put it on my windshield because I use Rain-X for windshield. I do everything with it, wiper arms, cowl plastic, body trim, rear bumper, backflip tonneau cover, plastic around rear windows as well as the windows, everything. It's much cheaper than 'ceramic' waxes, beads water for months and months, only takes 15-20 minutes to apply and it's so slick I find that I don't have to clay bar off bugs and debris between wax jobs as I did with every other product I've tried.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
AZ-H2O-Pro,
Cheap microfiber towels she’d more than better ones. Wash them separately no more than warm water, cold is better. ALL brand clear detergent works well in our LG tumbler. Dry low heat, remove tags as they scratch finish. Try these:
Polyte Microfiber Cleaning Towel... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M93SYXF?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
... or ...
Kirkland Signature Ultra High... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GARQKII?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

How many folks have tried the new high end hybrid line from Turtle Wax?

This stuff makes Seal & Shine and the rest of the ICE lineup look like... well cheap Turtle wax from ages ago. I know that sounds impossible but these new ceramic hybrids with polymers mean about everyone will need to catch up. Normally products this easy to use don’t work half as well. Normally it’s a compromise of cost to produce vs utility and durability. This new family put ICE gets icein an older tote tray. Say hello to my tough friends — T’Wax Goes Wild, this is so good nearly obscene.

im diggin’ the new T’Wax logo too, looks speedy like these hybrids. Too early to tell how much longer they last than ICE line. Pan the Organizer has some good reviews. I pre-ordered from Amz.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
I used Meguiars NXT " Keep off rubber , cloth , vinyl , and non-painted surfaces" but i was careful to not get it on any of the trim.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Same here. I use the liquid, though. It works great.

I use 303 on the black trim.

I do this quarterly. In between, I use the auto carwash.

121 - 140 of 161 Posts