Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
  1. Gladiator, manual w/ tow package, because manual convertible truck
  2. Titan, because the current gen looks cool and it's a less expensive way to get a v8 full-size than going domestic
That said, I'd be giving up a lot (comfort, storage, handling) if I got rid of my Ridgeline.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Are we talking twenty years from now, for that is when we MAY be possibly thinking about trading our Ridgeline? It was 96.62% the perfect TYPE of vehicle when we purchased it a year ago, and it still fits those expectations nearly perfectly today. I can say with no reservations what-so-ever that there is not another vehicle out there today that would fit our niche as perfectly as our Ridgeline.

Bill

·
Registered
33 Posts
If I had to choose a different truck than my G2 I would go for the Tacoma. Maybe Tundra if I could could get a good deal.

·
Registered
79 Posts
A large wagon. Say Volvo V90CC T6. Probably wouldn't own it either and just lease it. Another would be X3 M40. Honestly, as long as I have a trailer hitch, I do 95% of everything without the truck portion. Only got the Ridgeline because it was cheaper than a Passport Elite by almost 10%.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Interesting, where it appears that everybody so far that would turn around and immediately trade back in their Ridgeline obviously purchased the inappropriate type of vehicle in the first place?

Bill

·
Registered
79 Posts
Price is a big factor in having a quick turn around. I got the Ridgeline for a price that others were more expensive. Not even close, but the fact that my Ridgeline can do or exceed my expectations means it works. And I am generally happy with it which is why I own it.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E
359 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the posters intent was to imply that if you HAD to trade it in for something OTHER than a Ridgeline, what would you get, at least that's how interpreted it.

I have no idea what I would get at this point as a daily driver, but I wouldn't mind having a Ram Rebel as a second vehicle, but no way would I make that my daily commuter to work. Of course these days my commute is limited to walking out of my bedroom and going downstairs and turning on my laptop, hopefully we will go back to normal soon.

·
Administrator
14,602 Posts
Even after 15 years since its introduction, there is still no other vehicle as suitable as a Ridgeline (for me). Sure, I could get by with any other mid-size pickup or compact SUV with a trailer, but every single alternative has compromises (for me). The Ridgeline is the one vehicle that does everything I need without compromise (for me).

Had it never existed, I'd probably have continued driving sedans before moving to an SUV. I probably wouldn't have purchased a pickup. If I could get by without a pickup I'd probably be in a Mazda CX-5. If I had to have a pickup, I'd have a really hard time deciding which compromises to make. For looks, I'd choose a Ranger. For reliability, I'd choose a Tacoma. For comfort, I'd choose a Colorado. For simplicity, I'd choose a Frontier. For capability, I'd choose a Gladiator.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I'd still need a tow vehicle for small towing. I'd still need AWD for all weather capability (no need for 4X4) so Outback with the 2.4L DIT. I'd have to cut myself or something because I detest CVT's.
My next purchase will be an add, and will either be #1, the all new STi, with finally a new motor, or a slightly used GT350 preferably the 2019 with the new block.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I toggle between going back to a Frontier (I had a very trouble-free experience with mine) and a Titan, which has a nice interior and is a good bargain for what it offers.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts