Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

81 - 100 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
I don't think there is that much profit in it for the manufactures. Buick must be taking a HUGE loss on selling them that cheap. That's way below dealer cost.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E
74 Posts
If it was today, nothing love my 2020. I can’t think of anything I’d swap for, but if money was not an object I’d get a second vehicle with lots of HP ?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Negative WTI. Uhh, how about you move up the Raptor purchase? ;)
Assuming I've got $10k equity (which in this market I don't) Even if I'm looking at low mileage used or including incentives on a new one, it would be insane to go $40-55k in debt when our country is at a standstill.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,024 Posts
My next door neighbor has a dark green Pontiac GTO G8, and it sounds pretty menacing when he takes it out (sunny days only :)). He also recently bought a black Buick Regal TourX wagon. Very sleek, and hard to believe it's a Buick. He replaced the Buick emblem on the rear with the Opel ornament. Told him it was sharp and he said "they were practically giving them away; couldn't believe it".
Is it a GTO or G8? I'm not aware of either coming in a dark green color. The SS definitely had a dark green, though. Nonetheless, the LS2 or LS3 in the GTO, G8, and SS have the best exhaust systems - even better than the Camaro or Corvette. Menacing is a great word for it even in stock form. With headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe, it sounds ridiculous even into stock mufflers. It's not raspy and annoying, but deep and growly.
The Regal, Opel Insignia, and Holden VZ Commodore (not really a Holden as it's not built in Australia) are all basically the same vehicles. The Tour X is a very unique and capable vehicle for sure. Americans just simply don't want wagons en masse anymore. Hard to believe the discounts on those things. For $25k, you get A LOT of vehicle. Even if it is still a Buick.

Reactions: Pleease

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
The Hyundai Santa Cruz intrigues me. Today my '09 RL rolled over 100,000 miles so I may just wait 15 more years.
It's intrigued me since I first saw the concept five-ish years ago, too. I'm concerned that it would be too small, though. Sometimes the 5' bed of my RL doesn't suffice with certain loads and one that would be even smaller would be hard to accept. The extending feature of the concept was enticing, though. I'm hoping they keep that and make other unique features to make it sell just like the original RL. I don't think I'll be able to even look at the Santa Cruz, though, because the cab space in my RL is getting smaller by the day as my child gets bigger by the day - and possibly one more on the way soon (God willing).
If that truck gets the 2.0 liter turbo putting out 270~hp with the 8-speed auto and AWD AND it weighs around 3200lbs, it will be a little rocket ship.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Is it a GTO or G8? I'm not aware of either coming in a dark green color. The SS definitely had a dark green, though. Nonetheless, the LS2 or LS3 in the GTO, G8, and SS have the best exhaust systems - even better than the Camaro or Corvette. Menacing is a great word for it even in stock form. With headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe, it sounds ridiculous even into stock mufflers. It's not raspy and annoying, but deep and growly.
The Regal, Opel Insignia, and Holden VZ Commodore (not really a Holden as it's not built in Australia) are all basically the same vehicles. The Tour X is a very unique and capable vehicle for sure. Americans just simply don't want wagons en masse anymore. Hard to believe the discounts on those things. For $25k, you get A LOT of vehicle. Even if it is still a Buick.
I'm not familiar with the Pontiac lexicon, but I'm pretty sure it's a GTO. His vanity license is "GOAT". It doesn't come out often, but pretty sure it's dark green, unless it's a black that gets a greenish cast in sunlight. Will pay attention next time.

My son in law is very much a "car guy" who has a nice 2014 WRX, and has been considering vehicles that embrace both his enthusiasm for driving and his family (i.e. can facilitate an additional car seat - about to have 2nd child) and said he thought about the Opel (he jokingly refuses to call it a Buick).

·
Registered
2012 Honda Ridgeline RT Silver
10 Posts
as family grows, I believe, in about 2 year I might trade-in mine for an Odyssey... it would be sad, but necessary.
I just went from a odyssey to a ridgeline I loved my odyssey till my little sister stole it and crashed it but bought it 2nf owner never any issues good choice for familys

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
I just went from a odyssey to a ridgeline I loved my odyssey till my little sister stole it and crashed it but bought it 2nf owner never any issues good choice for familys
What did I just read?! Hahaha! Congrats on your RL purchase and welcome to the ROC.

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
A classic triumph tr6, that way I can be assured of oil leaks and issues to keep me busy, cause right now I’m bored and have already done all the hacks.
I had a '76 Triumph Magenta TR6 with a removable hardtop. My son totaled it while street racing some old guy (me) in a CRX Si. It all turned out better than it should have.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I had a '76 Triumph Magenta TR6 with a removable hardtop. My son totaled it while street racing some old guy (me) in a CRX Si. It all turned out better than it should have.
In my late teens I had a "dream job" - valet parking at an airport parking lot located a mile away from the airport. Got to drive many cool cars of the day (1974-75), and man did I love the couple of TR6's I got to drive!

We had a regular customer with a Spitfire - also fun! - that wouldn't start if it rained, but we learned to open the "bonnet", sit on the left front tire, pop the distributor cap off, dry it out, back on and give it a try.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just bought my Ridgeline a few days ago, so I wouldn't trade it. I wanted a vehicle to do truck things, but I didn't want a "truck". I didn't want hideous fuel mileage, truck handling, truck ride, truck expense, or not being able to park in my garage because a truck is too big and tall. If I had my way, I'd have bought a Holden Ute with the 6.2L Corvette engine in it....but sadly...they don't sell them in the US. Boo!!

So I guess...if it were sold here....I'd trade my RL for a Ute (yes...this picture was taken as the Ute did a track day).

View attachment 401508
you can get one here...sort of.

This company pieces them together from imported Utes and domestic Chevys and Pontiacs.
Jus’ sayin’

·
Registered
54 Posts
Since I’m logged in and in this thread...

if I had to trade, I’d get a new Silverado 1500 with the diesel. They get great mileage and have good capability.
I don’t know Chevy’s trim levels, but as close to basic as possible.
Steve

·
Super Moderator
1,431 Posts
you can get one here...sort of.

This company pieces them together from imported Utes and domestic Chevys and Pontiacs.
Jus’ sayin’

If I was to replace the Ridgeline with something totally unecessary, this UTE would be it. It's really pretty cool with that LS motor in there. Maybe even the LS2 ? Nice lol

Steve

·
Registered
46 Posts
The vehicle that I would trade the Ridgeline for hasn't been invented yet. Otherwise, I would have bought that one instead. We'll see what's out there in a few years.

I know it won't happen, but I'd take a hard look at a Jeep Grand Cherokee based pickup with a similar bed/tailgate design to the Ridgeline. (Hey Jeep, the Grand Cherokee is already unibody...hint, hint.) 2024 Jeep Comanche? Take My Money!

81 - 100 of 132 Posts