Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

101 - 120 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
The vehicle that I would trade the Ridgeline for hasn't been invented yet. Otherwise, I would have bought that one instead. We'll see what's out there in a few years.

I know it won't happen, but I'd take a hard look at a Jeep Grand Cherokee based pickup with a similar bed/tailgate design to the Ridgeline. (Hey Jeep, the Grand Cherokee is already unibody...hint, hint.) 2024 Jeep Comanche? Take My Money!
Had a 2011 JGC Overland with the hemi that was super nice & quite fun...though my 2007 Ridgeline (owned before, during & after) outlasted it :).

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
I like the IDEA of the Rivian too, but those headlights... Anyone who complains about the nose of the Ridgeline needs to look at that! What were they thinking!
Also, living in the Northeast, an EV would not be great in the winter. It had not occurred to me that using the heater reduces your range dramatically until I actually began to research them.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,024 Posts
If I was to replace the Ridgeline with something totally unecessary, this UTE would be it. It's really pretty cool with that LS motor in there. Maybe even the LS2 ? Nice lol

Steve
The way I'm reading what that company does is take US-spec GTO's (Holden Monaro), G8's (VE Commodore), and SS's (VF Commodore), and create Utes out of them. It's a fairly expensive proposition and you REALLY have to love the Ute to do this. A semi-decent 04-06 GTO will cost you $12-15k to buy the car. 08-09 G8 GT (not GXP) is $16-25k. 14-17 SS is $28-40k. Then you add on the parts and labor to create one of these things and you're in the $45-65k range which is pretty steep. Don't get me wrong, if you have the money and really want something that next to NO ONE ELSE has in this country, have at it. The LS1/2/3 in those cars are amazing engines with endless possibilities for customization. Personally, I will own an SS one day and will likely attempt to keep it forever - untouched and only mildly modded with bolt-ons that can be removed.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Is it a GTO or G8? I'm not aware of either coming in a dark green color. The SS definitely had a dark green, though. Nonetheless, the LS2 or LS3 in the GTO, G8, and SS have the best exhaust systems - even better than the Camaro or Corvette. Menacing is a great word for it even in stock form. With headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe, it sounds ridiculous even into stock mufflers. It's not raspy and annoying, but deep and growly.
The Regal, Opel Insignia, and Holden VZ Commodore (not really a Holden as it's not built in Australia) are all basically the same vehicles. The Tour X is a very unique and capable vehicle for sure. Americans just simply don't want wagons en masse anymore. Hard to believe the discounts on those things. For $25k, you get A LOT of vehicle. Even if it is still a Buick.
Saw the "goat" the other day - definitely a GTO and definitely black in color.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,024 Posts
Saw the "goat" the other day - definitely a GTO and definitely black in color.
Excellent! It's a great car to keep forever, for sure. Just wish GM hadn't decided to name it "GTO". The Holden Monaro was a fantastic car as far as early 2000's standards go (and still is today), but there was really nothing about it that paid homage to the original muscle car. It should have been a standalone performance model with a unique name. I mean, they both were RWD and had V8's under the hood, but that's like comparing a '69 Chevelle to a 5G Camaro.
Nonetheless, it's been pretty widely known that anything coming from Holden with a Pontiac or Chevy badge was screwed together better than their actual Chevy/Pontiac cousins. It's one of the reasons the G8's have held their value so well even being over a decade old now.

Reactions: Pleease

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Excellent! It's a great car to keep forever, for sure. Just wish GM hadn't decided to name it "GTO". The Holden Monaro was a fantastic car as far as early 2000's standards go (and still is today), but there was really nothing about it that paid homage to the original muscle car. It should have been a standalone performance model with a unique name. I mean, they both were RWD and had V8's under the hood, but that's like comparing a '69 Chevelle to a 5G Camaro.
Nonetheless, it's been pretty widely known that anything coming from Holden with a Pontiac or Chevy badge was screwed together better than their actual Chevy/Pontiac cousins. It's one of the reasons the G8's have held their value so well even being over a decade old now.
Agree. No matter how good the rebadged Holden "GTO" might be - even if it's better - it isn't right to give it that iconic name.

THIS is a GTO!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would trade my 2011 G1 for a brand new Toyota Land Cruiser straight across. I noticed a lot of Pontiac G8 talk in this thread. Had one, a bright red 2009 GT. Fabulous engine backed by a crappy automatic that neverseemed to be on the same page. The displacement on demand was awfiul too. Onc that was eliminated it was luch better. Quality was absolute crap. Thin paint, cheap interior, . just awful. The paint was so bad the trunlk was getting tons of rock chips down to the primer lol. Beware replacement bits for these are very pricey (window controls etc) and sometimes require the slow boat from Australia.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
71 Posts
Ok now if money is no object... which it is. I would get a Porsche Targa GTS, I used to track my Porsche 944 loved the handling. Oh wait I'll need to trailer it, time to buy a Ridgeline, can I have both,
please?

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
I always thought the second generation GTO was/is a very nice package.

I've always longed for a '57 Chevy Nomad. In high school in the 1960s, I had a '57 Chevy Belair station wagon with a Hurst shifter, dual glass packs, Firestone Wide Ovals on chrome reverse wheels, and too much carburetor for the small block.

An upperclassman had a '57 Chevy two-door post with a 396 big block. But it was no Nomad.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I've always longed for a '57 Chevy Nomad.
Those are so unique & cool looking.

This will sound dopey, but the car I enjoyed most was a 1974 Toyota Celica ST, dark green/white interior that I bought in 1978 while in college - and was thrilled that I could accomplish such a thing - and drove from then until about 1986, when the rust got too bad. Sporty, economical, practical, yet lots of fun to drive, and my girlfriend (now wife) dug it :).

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts

This will sound dopey, but the car I enjoyed most was a 1974 Toyota Celica ST, dark green/white interior that I bought in 1978 while in college - and was thrilled that I could accomplish such a thing - and drove from then until about 1986, when the rust got too bad. Sporty, economical, practical, yet lots of fun to drive, and my girlfriend (now wife) dug it :).
I loved my Celica, too!

·
Registered
3 Posts

I also had one.Metallic brown exterior and tan interior.Loved it’s handling.Kept it five years.Drove it from N.Y. to Florida several times.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Love it! Looks like maybe a 1975 GT?
Man, my signature is becoming more accurate by the day. I don't remember if it was a '75 or a '76. My dad had a '75 or '76 GT hatchback that was blue metallic with a black interior. The color was nicer on his, but the coupe was a much sexier car, IMO.

(2nd) EDIT: Thinking it was actually a '77, and dad's may have been a '78.

EDIT: In retrospect, I think my dad's had a tan interior, like this one:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Man, my signature is becoming more accurate by the day. I don't remember if it was a '75 or a '76. My dad had a '75 or '76 GT hatchback that was blue metallic with a black interior. The color was nicer on his, but the coupe was a much sexier car, IMO.

(2nd) EDIT: Thinking it was actually a '77, and dad's may have been a '78.

EDIT: In retrospect, I think my dad's had a tan interior, like this one:
I don’t remember exactly, but in 1976 or 77 they changed - bigger engine (I think 20R) and added a hatchback, but 5he coupe kept the original character, I thought.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Well, mine and my dad's had the 20R, I do remember that. Great engine!

101 - 120 of 132 Posts