Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a thread called "show/tell us what you're haulin" and one called "show/tell us what you're towin. How about this...

Show/tell us what has already taken up permanent residence in your new in-bed trunk.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'ts amazing to me how much crap accumulates in my trunk. I love it. I've had my RL since middle of March and have had to clean out the trunk twice. Here is what survived the cleanouts.

Golf clubs and shoes (Summer residence only)
A cloth tool bag with jumper cables, hitch receiver, and wiring extension.
A cloth tool bag with enough bungies and rope to tie in just about anything.
Ice scraper (till winter)
Fire extinguisher - charged
First Aid Kit - freebie from work
Small cooler
Home made dog restraint - see previous thread in Accessories
Throw away raincoat
Pair of work gloves
Jug of windshield washer fluid
cheap tool kit - one with a molded place for each tool.

L

·
0 Posts
Power inverter, safety kit, hand wipes, tool kit ( in case I break down this damsel in distress has tools for the Prince who rescues me :D ), dirt and rocks from the last Kart Race, an extra hitch for Todd's truck and a genuine Honda Ridgeline Blanket.

Oh yeah...and my bra!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
419 Posts
All the "printed-out" paper work over the last few days on the debate of the DRL issue (just kidding, guys!!!).

·
Registered
774 Posts
So far, the only things residing in my trunk are the front rubber mats that are standard with the RL. I'm using them as a liner for the floor of the trunk. They are too ugly and utilitarian to reside in the cab.

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
I have a custom fitted shelf that I keep my softball equipment on top and road gear and a blanket underneath. My father-in-law and I cut the plywood to fit exactly, have a leg on the unsupported side, and a hinged back that blocks off the spare tire area so softballs don't roll up in there. I painted it black and lay a cut silver blanket over it. It works out perfectly! (I'm not able to post a picture right now.)

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RidgeOwner3 said:
I have a custom fitted shelf that I keep my softball equipment on top and road gear and a blanket underneath. My father-in-law and I cut the plywood to fit exactly, have a leg on the unsupported side, and a hinged back that blocks off the spare tire area so softballs don't roll up in there. I painted it black and lay a cut silver blanket over it. It works out perfectly! (I'm not able to post a picture right now.)
A secret hidden compartment inside the trunk. :rolleyes: smuggling possibilities?

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Permanent residence? Not much. A set of jumper cables, pliers, a multi-bit screwdriver, and the wheel lock key.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Carry a "full" tool box (always nice to help someone out), hitch head, Snatch-en-strap, gloves, a 2" by 12" board cut about 8" long (to place jack on whenever needed for soft ground) ans a Frizbee for those times when stuck on the hioghway.

L

·
0 Posts
Nicholas said:
Carry a "full" tool box (always nice to help someone out), hitch head, Snatch-en-strap, gloves, a 2" by 12" board cut about 8" long (to place jack on whenever needed for soft ground) ans a Frizbee for those times when stuck on the hioghway.
Nick..I hope if I ever get stuck on the highway for hours it's near you. I can see us paying frisbee. Too much fun!! :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Canvas Tarp, waterproof plastic tarp, Ridgeline cargo net, trailer hitch, and tie down lines.

Plus temporarily (I'm headed up to open a cottage) 30 rolls of toilet paper.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had for a little while a 2 ton snap-on floor jack and handle(taken off) and toolbox, but left the jack and my in-laws house and left the tools in the garage, now I have a 3 bowling ball bag and one single... after the winter league I'm going to get that carpet and dividers like Vertrkr has..

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have multiple bungy cords, 2 blankets, a first aid kit, tool set ( to fix things for the inlaws) and the truck cover

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Your Snatch-en strap reminded me - I have a 25' 4000lb tow strap and cast iron eyelet in there as well.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Glad this topic came up, just my opinion on the subject. The black lid on the trunk would generate a greater heat build up than the cabin when parked in the direct sunlight. So think common sense should prevail here ie: Aerosol cans, Gas cans,Propane tanks and what ever else could be pressure temp related. Not sure about your charged Fire Extinguisher ?? Question should Honda mention this in the OM plus a warning decal ?? They do have a warning decal about filling a gas can in the bed (static electricty) So whats your take on this??
PS: Did post this on an other forum, feedback was mostly +.
steveberger said:
I'ts amazing to me how much crap accumulates in my trunk. I love it. I've had my RL since middle of March and have had to clean out the trunk twice. Here is what survived the cleanouts.

Golf clubs and shoes (Summer residence only)
A cloth tool bag with jumper cables, hitch receiver, and wiring extension.
A cloth tool bag with enough bungies and rope to tie in just about anything.
Ice scraper (till winter)
Fire extinguisher - charged
First Aid Kit - freebie from work
Small cooler
Home made dog restraint - see previous thread in Accessories
Throw away raincoat
Pair of work gloves
Jug of windshield washer fluid
cheap tool kit - one with a molded place for each tool.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
vertrkr said:
Here's mine with dividers and carpet underneith.
Do you think the dividers are worth the cost or are could a couple of pieces of plexiglass could do the same thing?

As for my contents right now:
Tarp
Some rebar
Some bungies
8 tie-downs
Craftsman Hydralic jack
Blanket

1 - 20 of 107 Posts