Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inspired by the "What's in your trunk" thread and social isolation. I thought I would ask what is in your Ridgeline's cubby hole. I don't have any pictures right now but I carry a pair of gloves, two trailer light adapters, and sometimes my 7-year-old grandson's small toys.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E (white on beige) in central Texas
1,792 Posts
Lol, I never even think about using that space .... the trunk is so easy and swallows everything I choose to carry.

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
.... the trunk is so easy and swallows everything I choose to carry.
That's part of my problem. I carry so much stuff in the trunk that the small items seem to disappear. After a couple of frustrating times trying to locate my trailer adapter and gloves, a light went off in my head and I started to carry those small items in the little cubby hole. Simplified my already simple life.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E (white on beige) in central Texas
1,792 Posts
I carry so much stuff in the trunk that the small items seem to disappear.
Yeah, I understand that risk, I use an assortment of different size toolbags to keep it all sorted and quiet in the trunk, usually managing to remember which bag has what stuff.

If that side-cubby had a single one-handed latch I might be more inclined to think about using it; instead it's essentially forgotten in my book.

Reactions: zroger73

·
Administrator
15,160 Posts
Yeah, I understand that risk, I use an assortment of different size toolbags to keep it all sorted and quiet in the trunk, usually managing to remember which bag has what stuff.

If that side-cubby had a single one-handed latch I might be more inclined to think about using it; instead it's essentially forgotten in my book.
With so much of the Ridgeline thoughtfully designed, the AC outlet compartment seems like an exception. It doesn't lock, requires turning two different knobs, isn't attached, and can be contrary on some Ridgelines due to manufacturing tolerances.

And, whatever you do - don't lose or break that piece. It retails for $241.10!

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
After loading materials in the bed and realizing my bungee cords are in the trunk UNDER the load in the bed more than once, I found a small bag that I stuff with bungee cords and keep in the AC outlet compartment.

Reactions: bezojr
1 - 7 of 7 Posts