Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really wondering what type of bar to buy for my 2011 Ridgeline. I want something that looks aggressive but is also functional. Bull bars peak my interest and push/brush bars too but I'm wondering what's the best one or type to get that will allow me to mount a winch in the future and even lights.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,331 Posts
None of the "bull / brush" bars are suitable for mounting a winch (at least if you are going to USE the winch rather than have it for looks.) They simply don't have the strength to handle any real loads. By the same token they aren't going to handle much in the way of significant impacts either.

Other than for appearance the guards should help protect the bumper cover from parking scrapes and modest brush scrapes.

Here's a front hitch that you can get for the GenI Ridgelines.

https://www.carid.com/curt/class-3-exposed-front-trailer-hitch-with-2-receiver-opening-mpn-33328.html?singleid=1642215&url=79363770I

The GenI does have a ladder frame and the above hitch is listed as a class III rating so you MIGHT be OK with a winch mounted to it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hunter and Tyger make nice bull bars that look less traditional than most bars. I had a Black Hunter bull bar on my '07 white RL and it looked good

1 - 3 of 3 Posts