Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep seeing that many people keep talking about 1000 of from dealer on the ridgeline, What do they mean? Is this a factory to dealer incentive, a special deal this month?
I am going to follow up on one of my internet leads today, although someone posted a reply to my last thread and said he got offered an RTS for 25,550?
Wish I could find a deal like that.
Wish me luck today
Chris

·
Registered
720 Posts
It is a Honda to dealer incentive of $1,000 off any Ridgeline until 12/5/05.

Meaning the dealer will get $1,000 for every Ridgeline they sell until 12/5/05.

A few dealers played stupid when I mentioned this incentive.....

Here is more info:

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/hon...edmunds.n.incentivesmip.incentives.3.6.Honda*

My final price was $1,400 off invoice!

Believe it or not, even at $1,400 off invoice, they are still making about $400 with the 3% hold back!

It is a GREAT time to get a Ridgeline!

TL

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
I got the same reaction from my salesman, tlaudio, when I mentioned their "Dealer Incentive" of $1K.

I showed them an offer I got from another dealership and the sales person said, "Wow, I don't know how they can go that low.....they're either just breaking even or losing money at that price". I said, "Oh, yeah, and that includes the $1000 Dealer Incentive Honda is giving their dealerships toward the sale of Ridgelines. That's probably how they can go that low". The sales person said, "What $1000? This is the first I have heard of it.....let me go and talk to my sales manager"...what they always seem to say when they "pretend" not to know something or are caught in a lie. Anyway, the salesperson came back and said, "Yes, they just started offering that $1000 (This is 2 or 3 weeks after Honda started offering the $1000 Incentive).... so we can probably match their price".

Do sales people really think people buy cars are that stupid...?... or do they just hope there are. Of course, I read something, not too long ago, where %45 of new car owners pay sticker price. That blows my mind......:eek:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yeah, Dealers are hoping you are 'that stupid' when you go in-isn't that the idea?
They want the most for their vehicle, and you want to pay the least. The less you 'know' about anything they do (behind closed doors), it's better for them.
You are a very FEW of the 'well informed'...and obviously looked on-line at Edmunds.com to find out that 'secret information'. Not sure that is even 'published' info in Consumer Reports or pubs like that.

Many dealers get these 'factory incentives' that the regular public know NOTHING about. Too bad the 'internet' exists (heh heh)...and those who sleuth around find more details than those who don't do their homework.

All the $1000 dealer incentive means to YOU is, get the truck down to invoice (or lower now we are in November)....and work for your best deal.

That the dealer gets 'X' amount of money is interesting...but really means a hill of beans to you and me. Do your 'due diligence' and research the truck price and you won't be sorry. If one dealer won't budge, head on to the next-even if it means a 50 mile drive. That is money from YOUR wallet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts