Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

61 - 80 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Where does this port need to be connected to?

Hello guys,

So I got the RL back from the shop. I have to admit, they did a great job with the deer repair. That and the overall experience was quick, easy and painless. :act035:

But when I popped the hood, I noticed this port and it is clean (truck is dirty/dusty, so you notice something clean) which leads me to believe that the body shop somehow pulled it off. They also managed to break the hood/fender bump stop on the driver side, but they ordered it and I will pick it up today.

So where does the vacuum line for this get connected? I checked the manual and it really does not have a good vac line diagram. I believe I was looking in section 11 if memory serves me.

-terracar

·
Registered
151 Posts
Re: Where does this port need to be connected to?

Seriously?

Wow, I never noticed that at all before. :act002: It stood out since it was so clean, unlike the rest of the engine bay.

Well, thank you guys, appreciate the assistance.

-Terracar

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,279 Posts
Re: Where does this port need to be connected to?

As cccbock said, a breather... for the transfer assembly:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Would explain why I couldn't find it, i was looking under emissions and PCV it was for a vacuum line. And it was a breather for the drivetrain. Well thank you again, was losing sleep as I didn't want to drive an open vac port as I drive very dusty terrain each day.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Something missing from plastic box?

I have a 2012 RTS RL and I was looking under the hood and noticed a, perhaps 2 inch black squarish plastic box, with one hose connected to it. The box is attached to the firewall towards the top and just right of centerline. The hose appeared to go down to the transmission, though I am not sure of that. There is another nipple extending from the box with nothing on it, is that OK, am I missing something?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Re: Something missing from plastic box?

I think you are talking about the Transfer Breather Box.
No, it should only have 1 line connected to it.
Pics....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Re: Something missing from plastic box?

I get a tremendous grin reading of this same reported "problem", perhaps on these pages 3-4 times per year.
But the grin is not directed at the questioner, rather at myself. I too once had that same question.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,024 Posts
Re: What's this part?

Liking the tread revival. Being that it's got a threaded nut and a rubber sealing washer on it, I'm assuming it's some sort of a plug used to seal out moisture from somewhere. Possibly a drain plug for the trunk or maybe something from the spare tire/tool kit area? There's a bolt that is missing a nut somewhere in there.

·
Administrator
14,976 Posts

Liking the tread revival. Being that it's got a threaded nut and a rubber sealing washer on it, I'm assuming it's some sort of a plug used to seal out moisture from somewhere. Possibly a drain plug for the trunk or maybe something from the spare tire/tool kit area? There's a bolt that is missing a nut somewhere in there.
I have looked and looked and nothing jumps out at me. Everything is secure. I looked at the parts breakdown and can't seem to find a match.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,279 Posts

Somebody's bib overalls is missing a snap!

Reactions: zroger73

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,024 Posts

You've got quite the conundrum there, my friend. Maybe it was dropped in there during assembly and not caught in the pre-delivery inspection? Could be from the underside of the bed within the spare compartment or possibly from somewhere under the spare? Either way, I don't think it's a huge deal. I would sure like to know where it came from, too, though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What is this?

Can anyone assist in telling me what this box is/what it does and where this line might go? I just purchased a 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL and in looking at it with friends, we all could not figure out what that box is and we all assumed there should be a hose coming off of it like it shows, but mine does not have one. I just need to know what it is and where it goes so I can look at fixing it.

thanks!

PS.. picture below is not of my engine, one I found online in looking to see if we were correct or not if it should have a hose on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: What is this?

DIBS!

If I had a quarter for every post about this issue, I would be a thousandaire!
Thanks. I just didnt know if that was the reason I had a check engine light and when it was tested at autozone it gave the error code of P2279 (Air system leak detected. Check engine for vacuum leaks). And it also can have a hard time starting if it's dewy/raining. and I have to let it idle for a minute before driving if thats the case or it stalls out.

Again, I just bought the truck last week. It's great so far, just trying to figure out the little issues to make it run better.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Re: What is this?

Thanks. I just didnt know if that was the reason I had a check engine light and when it was tested at autozone it gave the error code of P2279 (Air system leak detected. Check engine for vacuum leaks). And it also can have a hard time starting if it's dewy/raining. and I have to let it idle for a minute before driving if thats the case or it stalls out.

Again, I just bought the truck last week. It's great so far, just trying to figure out the little issues to make it run better.
(remove top engine cover) Get electrical cleaner and start motor and spray it around the intake hose and vacuum lines, throttle body and see if idle changes. Thats the cheapest way to diagnose. But if nothing might need a smoke test done.

61 - 80 of 120 Posts