Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

81 - 100 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
What hose is missing?

Under the hood of our 2012 RTL, at the top of the firewall, there is a black square solenoid(?) that is attached to cruise control with a open barb that seems to have been attached to a hose. Anyone know where it should connect to?

:|

·
Registered
140 Posts
Engine Bay Question

Just noticed this on my firewall, not sure what it is but it has a hose going in and I can't find an out hose. No noticable poblems. Wondering if anyone knows what it is?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Re: Engine Bay Question

Just poke it and see what happens...I'm not a Honda tech by the way.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,024 Posts
Re: Engine Bay Question

Just noticed this on my firewall, not sure what it is but it has a hose going in and I can't find an out hose. No noticable poblems. Wondering if anyone knows what it is?
See post #7 above. It's the breather for the transfer case and is supposed to look like that.

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
5 Posts
Missing tubing in engine compartment; fuel cap warning

Mystery: Recently the Check Fuel Cap warning came on. Checked it, cannot see a problem and it still clicks. Drove for a while, no change. Went to buy a new fuel cap at O'Reilly's, counter guy said let's check under the hood first. And we saw this: The black box about 1 inch square shown in the photo seems to have a hose missing. I cannot figure out to where it goes - I saw no free tube hanging from somewhere else. I am presuming this is a problem since it certainly does appear to need a tube connected and what in the engine compartment just is open to the air? I am supposing this may also be the cause of the fuel cap warning: Something on the vapor return perhaps is causing this. Any thoughts? TIA!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,135 Posts
Re: Missing tubing in engine compartment; fuel cap warning

Uhhh, guy at O'Reilly is clueless, it's been like that since it left the factory, probably the #1 question on the ROC since 2005

Replace or clean the gas cap, clear the issue with an OBD 2 reader, make sure you get 2-3 clicks after you fuel up...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: Missing tubing in engine compartment; fuel cap warning

Huh. Sure enough that's it. Go figure. I should have looked a little harder here first. Thanks for setting it straight! So now I'll work the simple solution of the gas cap first. Thanks!!

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,024 Posts
re: What's this part, Engine Bay Question, Missing vac line? (transfer assembly breather)

Had the same thing a few years back. New gas cap and about a week or so of normal driving after replacing it did the trick. Haven't had an issue since. Some have said that using a little dielectric grease (or similar sealant) on the gas cap seal will fix this, too, but a new gas cap is less than $20. Worth it to just have a new one.

Yes, the breather tube thing has been the topic of discussion for many years here. I never really paid much attention to it until this thread. I would think that it could have been designed to NOT look as if a tube was missing from it. But... it is what it is.

Reactions: Carsmak

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,279 Posts
re: What's this part, Engine Bay Question, Missing vac line? (transfer assembly breather)

Honestly, the breather does look like it's missing a connection. So the question is a natural one to ask. But as mentioned, it's been a frequent topic of discussion.

I occasionally see the gas cap message, but clear it with my Torque Pro app and it typically doesn't come back for a long time.

Reactions: Carsmak

·
Registered
26 Posts
vacuum body?

So, is this some kind of a vacuum body relay or??
Located in engine bay in front of the firewall, attached to the drip flange. It appears that there is an open nipple. I can't see any loose hoses laying around. 2006 RTL, no issues running. Is there supposed to be a hose attached? and if so, to where?
Thanks

And yes, those are rat turds! I got even!

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Re: vacuum body?

lotsa views, no comments. Anyone? Somebody surely can lift their hood and look to see if there's a tube on that nipple and where does it go?

·
Registered
2,050 Posts

That is the transfer case breather tube box, and, no tube is missing from that nipple. There have been many questions raised about whether a tube disconnected, but nobody knows what to call it, and makes it hard to use the search function.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,135 Posts

MODERATOR NOTE: Threads Merged Again

Update: Found at a minimum 12 other questions similar, for the same part, and merged the threads...

I'm on a Quest now ;)

·
Registered
2,050 Posts

Does G2 have this raised breather box?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Need help identifying engine part

2006 Honda Ridgeline RT here. Been doing some under-the-hood maintenance, and noticed this thing (see bright circle in pic). While this is what I'm trying to identify, this is not my engine pic. One of the hoses is missing/cut on mine, and I can't seem to figure out where it goes.

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I've looked through threads to the best of my ability, having no idea what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,762 Posts
Re: Need help identifying engine part

It has been talked about many times over here and at the MDX online forum.

The box you are looking at is a breather box for the center transfer case (I believe). You will also see one underneath your air intake tube......... its a curved rubber hose and it should be for the transmission. There is one for the rear diff, but it is behind the bed panel.
They do not connect to anything else, so do not be alarmed.

81 - 100 of 120 Posts