Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,458 Posts
You are the first person to ever notice that "missing" hose. Just kidding, everyone asks the same question. It is designed like that and your truck is fine.

Reactions: zroger73

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,166 Posts
Reactions: zroger73

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,359 Posts
It's a logical question.

Reactions: scubacamper

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am a new owner of a 2006 Ridgeline with about 200K on it. After I took out my old battery to replace it with a new one, I noticed that there was a loose 1/4" tube at battery's 10 o'clock position. The inner diameter is about 1/32" or 3/64" roughly. I thought I might have disconnected it when pulling out the battery. Is this a disconnected vacuum line? It is secured to the larger hose below it, but cannot see where its other end goes. Any thought is appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Is there an empty breather nipple on the air cleaner assembly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,166 Posts
@mazamin, enjoy this thread...

Breather for either transmission or ?

Searching for the picture @smufguy

Moderator Note: Thread Merged

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,359 Posts
@mazamin, enjoy this thread...

Breather for either transmission or ?

Searching for the picture @smufguy

Moderator Note: Thread Merged
That appears to be totally unrelated to the transfer breather back near the top center of the firewall.

I believe this is another breather hose that should attach underneath the engine cover.

Reactions: scubacamper

·
Super Moderator
7,166 Posts
That appears to be totally unrelated to the transfer breather back near the top center of the firewall.

I believe this is another breather hose that should attach underneath the engine cover.

View attachment 404432

View attachment 404433
Agree, but we had a picture earlier in this thread which showed that one and the picture is missing, it was even nicely color coded

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,867 Posts
Great. Thanks. What does this breather hose do?
Simple, read below. Same principle applies to the rear differential and the center transfer.

Breather assembly is mounted on transmission to maintain the pressure equilibrium inside transmission. Breather allows the transmission to breathe air when the air inside transmission expands or contracts due to heating and cooling of lubricating oil during vehicle running. Breather allows the hot air to escape and cool air to enter into the transmission to prevent overheating issue. Failure of breather assembly can lead to pressure buildup inside transmission and further leading to leakage from transmission oil seals.
- Source: sae.org

121 - 132 of 132 Posts