Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Really want an RTL-E, but this pre-owned vehicle fits 90% of my wants.

It's got less than 6K miles on it, but the price seems to close to the price of a new one to me. Thoughts?

·
Registered
502 Posts

Really want an RTL-E, but this pre-owned vehicle fits 90% of my wants.

It's got less than 6K miles on it, but the price seems to close to the price of a new one to me. Thoughts?
I almost always buy 3-4 year old used moderate-mileage vehicles - usually coming off leases - but went ahead with a new 2019 RTL AWD about 3 weeks ago for the same reason - it was only $3-4k more (under 32k) than the used 2017 units I was seeing with 30-40k miles. Value-wise new made much more sense, especially considering the warranty. That said, I don't know what a new RTL-T costs at this point.

·
Registered
262 Posts
That's $1,000 more than a new t, or about $1,000 less than a new e, and you can get 0.9% on a new one.

It is worth that price if there weren't the new incentives going on.

Problem is you are a month or so late on new t or e selection.

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,892 Posts
I think it would be a decent buy at around $32-33K. I would look for a brand new one, but I know they are in very limited supply.

·
Registered
176 Posts
That's $423 more than I paid for mine new 6 months ago, however, as Sparkland said new T's are almost impossible to find now. I think I got a pretty screaming deal though considering no other local dealers would match that price. If you really want the sensing, which is really the main difference between the two, and think it's worth the extra $$, a g or two extra would probably get you an new E I would think.

·
Registered
9,891 Posts
I believe I saw that you bought a new one in another thread, but I truly believe that dealers are artificially inflating the prices of their used models right now to sway the purchase of a new one. The RTL and Sports are still pretty readily available and the new RTL has the moonroof and rear slider that many look for. The dealer will show that a used T or E is the same price or even more than a new RTL and say that the "only difference" is a bit of a lesser audio system and the Sensing suite isn't available. Most folks I think would likely take this deal which is what Honda is hoping. Once the 20's are released, the pre-owned prices of T's and E's will go down by a few to several thousand dollars overall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts