Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

101 - 120 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Little Blue for my 2017 Obsidian Blue RTL. My 07 RTX was named Bruce because with the kayak racks it looked like a moose hence Bruce the moose.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Re: Name your RL ?

I don't have a name either, but since it's the Black Edition, maybe King Kong would be appropriate #TrainingDay

·
Registered
9,723 Posts

My wife named my 2007 "Gina" shortly after I bought it in 2010. She said it was a name progression - "Ridgeline" to "Ridgey" to "Regina" to "Gina". I don't know where she comes up with these things, but it stuck. Every time we do something fun or unexpected in the truck, we quote Martin Lawrence from the 90's show "Martin" when he talks to his girlfriend. "Daaaaaaaaamn, Ginaaaaa"

·
Registered
65 Posts

I've never named a vehicle. After we had the Crosstour detailed by a company called MINT who leaves the vehicle interior smelling like super strong toothpaste, we started calling it The Thin Mint (because it was black on the outside and minty on the inside I guess). That was the best car name ever, honestly. I liked it a lot.

Now he wants to call the RL "Lyudmila" or "Mila" based on a female sniper. I'm going with it for the moment and refer to it as Mila, but uhm.. I don't see this lasting lol

I want a name - if one at all - that is fun and doesn't seem like I'm referring to an ex girlfriend...

On the 'what gives?' - yea, never named a car for the sake of naming it before..

·
Registered
364 Posts
IMGP2082.JPG

We have never named any of our vehicles before, but for some reason our 2019 Obsidian Blue Ridgeline has acquired one. Think Sapphire cut down to Saphira nicknamed Saphie!

Bill

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
Well, to be anal about it the Ridgeline already has a name. So anything the buyer puts on it is a nickname. The Ridgeline seems to have general nicknames too, "Ridge" for example. Basically anything other than what Honda calls it would be a nickname.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Well, to be anal about it the Ridgeline already has a name. So anything the buyer puts on it is a nickname. The Ridgeline seems to have general nicknames too, "Ridge" for example. Basically anything other than what Honda calls it would be a nickname.
Think Sapphire cut down to Saphira nicknamed Saphie!
Bill
Whew, I am so glad that we did it right! :rolleyes:

Bill

·
Registered
23 Posts
our 2 old vehicles were 2006/07.
when my wife bought a 2018 VW Atlas, we nicknamed it "Space Car" because of all the new features it had.
Similarly, when I bought my 2019 Ridgeline, we named it "Space Truck".
When we hands free call each other, we say "Space Truck calling Space Car..."
the kids laugh all the time.

·
Registered
100 Posts
We usually just call my Gen 1 "the truck", but if someone asks what it is my wife says "a Ridgliner" and I laugh. Then I show them the trunk and they are typically stunned that it has one.

101 - 120 of 130 Posts