Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my 2007 steel metallic blue Ridgeline and have decided my first few accessory purchases are going to be a light bar and rims. I want the rims to be mostly black but could have a decent amount of chrome on them. I wanted to see what everyone had put on their Ridgeline or if anyone had an ideas. Thanks

Registered
Lots of good oem Honda options (Acura too - MDX). Gen 2 ridge wheels are pretty popular and you can usually pick up take offs for a decent price. Keep your eyes on the roc trading post.
I'm a big fan of the gunmetal gen 2 ridge sport wheels.

Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue

Registered
I upgraded my '13 RTL with 20" 2018Pilot takeoffs. I really like the looks of the lower profile tires. Went with 245/50-20's to keep the speedo more accurate and no trimming, grinding or other nonsense. Was a little concerned about increased noise and rougher ride but, so far, I'm very pleased.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Registered
As an option - OEM chrome - although here in Chicago the salt beat up the chrome after 2 years. Thanks for creating the post - gives me some options when I pull the trigger for new wheels.

Attachments

Registered
A tip with wheels from a motorcycle/sportscar guy.

This is your biggest and cheapest option to decrease unsprung weight. Google unsprung weight for full explanation. Cliffs: once that wheel starts turning quickly the lbs it weighs (and the tires) increases exponentially. So always try to buy wheels that are strong but lighter than OEM. You'll reap some nice handling benefits (and MPG) because the suspension has less weight to deal with. Better handling, better turning, and can translate to better MPG.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts