Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Blue RTL S/R on Saturday. Love it.
Just curious what you do about the wheel locks. If you carry them in the truck then someone can just break in and steel your rims and tires and if you leave them at home your screwed if you get a flat. What do you all do?

I had wheel locks on a truck years ago and when I didn't have the key I had a flat. Then I started carrying the key and my truck was stolen and they took my rims and tires.

Doug

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I do not have locks on my RL, yet. In my other car, I put the "key" to the lock in a "secret" place...I'm sure you can find a hidden place in the truck that is not obvious to the car theif. :cool:

·
Registered
167 Posts
dsowell said:
I just got my Blue RTL S/R on Saturday. Love it.
Just curious what you do about the wheel locks. If you carry them in the truck then someone can just break in and steel your rims and tires and if you leave them at home your screwed if you get a flat. What do you all do?

I had wheel locks on a truck years ago and when I didn't have the key I had a flat. Then I started carrying the key and my truck was stolen and they took my rims and tires.

Doug
Are you sure they needed your wheel lock key to steal your wheels? All those devices are just deterrents--a determined thief who knows what they're doing can bypass them. We keep the key in the car--not sure why we even have wheel locks--I think it came with the vehicle. When I lived in NYC (a looong time ago) I used all those devices on my cheap POS vehicle. Don't ask me why, probably because it was cheaper than comprehensive insurance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts