Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last year I had a axle boot rip saw grease everywhere on the lower control arm and went to car parts and bought an axle. So I put it in and had extreme wheel vibration. I thought it was the axle so I returned it and got another one. Same issue. So I just bought a boot and replaced the one on the oem axle figured I might as well replace ball joints, control arms, and stabilizer links and kept trucking on the OEM. Anyways it was ok for about a year and now I am starting to have the same issue come up with my oem on there and don't know if there is an adjustment or if I have to buy OEM or what to do. The vibration is very annoying and I would like to have this resolved but I have pulled that axle out 3 times now and want to resolve this on the first try.

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Last year I had a axle boot rip saw grease everywhere on the lower control arm and went to car parts and bought an axle. So I put it in and had extreme wheel vibration. I thought it was the axle so I returned it and got another one. Same issue. So I just bought a boot and replaced the one on the oem axle figured I might as well replace ball joints, control arms, and stabilizer links and kept trucking on the OEM. Anyways it was ok for about a year and now I am starting to have the same issue come up with my oem on there and don't know if there is an adjustment or if I have to buy OEM or what to do. The vibration is very annoying and I would like to have this resolved but I have pulled that axle out 3 times now and want to resolve this on the first try.

Any help would be appreciated!
I think if you want to resolve on the first try, you put in a new OEM axle. Other (aftermarket) options don't carry quite as high a probability for success. This assumes you have the same vibration that you proved previously was being caused by a bad axle.
If it's a different vibration, then all bets are off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts