Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi gang!
Saw a post where someone wondered if a thread like this was started and I didn't see one so here we go.

LadyRidge
March 1, 2005
Owner: 2006 RidgeLine RTL
Silver/Gray/Sunroof/Ivan/Fog Lights/Roof Rack/Hitch/Running Boards/Trunk Dividers ( for my shopping excursions )

Have a great day! :p

·
Registered
112 Posts
I drove my Silver RTS off the lot on Feb. 26, about 6 PM.

I had to bring it in the next week to have my fog lights installed (not I job I wanted to do myself, and I'm an Electrical Engineer :rolleyes: ).

I still smile every morning seeing it in the driveway.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
March 12. None of the dealers around CT had them until March 1 and they were all RTLs. I got the first silver RTS. It was the first Ridgeline my dealer delivered and it was the first sale ever for my salesman who was very good for a FNG.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I put money down on the first RTS they had coming in at Antrim Way Honda on Feb. 18, because of shipping snaffus, I didn't pick it up till March 8, 2005.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Bought it during first week of release.

3/1 Tue- No dealer has available for test drive. Maybe west coast is the fartherst point for delivery. Although Vertrkr says he got his on 2/28?

3/2 Wed- Anderson Honda of Palo Alto called me for test drive. 3 in stock.

3/3 Thur- Test drive and made the decision to buy MSRP.

3/4 Fri - Took my 17 year old son for test drive to select color, red, blue or silver. Wife is not interested, says go ahead.

3/5 Sat - Cleaned and Brought station wagon in for trade-in estimate. got $1500. Sales man put the SOLD sign on the truck. Others are also trying to test drive, buy my truck.

3/6 Sunday - 4 hours of Paper work. Drove away happy.

I don't see how others can decide and buy faster before 3/6.. Basically one week. I am too logical.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After seeing the concept, it took me one second to know I wanted one and several months of research and waiting for production to know that I would buy it the moment it hit the dealer.
I was fortunate enough to have an "inside" and get the information before hand.
Either way - glad I own one as I expect you do too!
Here's to us!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Got mine on the March 16th. I had two different dealerships with the truck I wanted. One had the Blue the other the Silver. I decided that morning that I wanted the Silver...Blue, to me, just wasn't right after seeing both of them in person. I negotiated the deal at MSRP to include accessories at the lowest price I could find on the net. Also for a reasonable install fee. I have about 1k miles on it right now and I couldn't be more happy about the purchase. The biggest hurdle I have right now is figuring out a way to get my MP3 player working using the factory radio. I do not have the RTL with Navi so no Aux plug available for me.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Blue,
I usually do not make quick decisions (not that I had not done huge research on the Ridgeline before I walked into the dealer), but when I saw that they had already installed $5,000 and $3,500 of dealer installed options on the 2 RTLs that arrived and I found the RTS (which was what I wanted in the first place) still had the paint protection film and plastic on the seats . . . I was able to get only those options I wanted and drive off the lot for a few hundred below MSRP.

I figured I was getting exactly what I wanted, at a reasonable price - so I jumped.

Based on the enjoyment over the past month, I do not regret making a quick decision.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got mine Tuesday March 15th. It came in Monday nite. The next morning I got one of the guys I work with to PDI it and I hit the pavement with it that nite after work. I wanted a blue or black one with a moonroof so I had to wait and the black one showed up first so thats the one I snagged. So far I put on the side steps and the rear muds. Gotta wait for the weather to change before I tackle the side protectors and the fender flares. Im planning on doing the moonroof visor and the hood air deflector this weekend. I love this truck. Its the first Honda Ive liked and been excited about in the eighteen years Ive worked at the dealership with my Si as the exception (what a fun little car to drive). :)

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
I took delivery on 3/25, blue RTL-S/R. This was a dealer swap. We drove a new blue RTS to another dealer 100 miles away and took this one back. It had 10 miles on it, so I put the first miles on it after post-delivery prep. I now have 400+ miles on it. The only change so far is that the steering wheel creaks at times, but not all the time. This is the nicest truck I've ever owned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Drove my RTS Steel Blue off the lot on March 13. I called earlier in the week to check if they had any RTS and one was being unloaded during the call. I told them I would stop in to see it and drove out an hour later. First one to leave the lot at the dealership.

·
Registered
119 Posts
OK, this thread just isn't fair to those of us who have been impatiently waiting! I am getting mine on April 8. I gave up on the dealers close to me where I placed deposits nearly two months ago, and found my silver RTL Navi in Colorado, where I have to travel to anyway.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Don't worry, AHart. We will get to contribute soon. Mine should be here in about 1 week.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi everyone,

I went to dealer on March 9 to place a deposit on a RTL, but will not get it until middle to end of June. I a special order for Hawaii.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Put down a deposit on March 19, Dealer did a swap and had my silver RTL MR in 3 days. Picked it up Saturday. Dealer had a promotion going that included sales of the Ridgeline, a "free" RCA "52" HD TV. So I got to load up the truck right from the get go. Live in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area. As I drive around the state and into northern Illinois I usually see a Ridgeline on every Honda dealer's lot. I've been told they are selling fast but the dealers are able to get several more a week.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts