Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 ridgeline with 145k miles.. It has not coughed once!

Any known issues that pop up between 150 to 200k? Thanks

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
You can find a lot of problems on this board, but remember how many people are here and how many have each problem... not many in the end. 2007 and 2008 seem to be very good years.

A common problem discussed for older RLs is the radiator. I was convinced by what I read here to replace it before trouble started, and enjoy the peace of mind. Also, even though steering fluid change is not on Honda's maintenance schedule, it could be wise to take care of that at this point if you have not.

A good head unit can get you up to date on almost every electronics need from backup cameras, bluetooth, Pandora, etc.

You may very well want to stick with your 07 long enough to see the new Ridgeline in a year.

·
Registered
725 Posts
My dealership (Gainesville, Florida) says there is one in my area with over 400,000 miles on it in this area. The owner works gun shows all over the place. I've personally talked to two owners with over 250,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Traded my 2006 on a 2012 when it had 196k miles on it.

If I had kept it, which I wish I had, it was going to need struts, and a CV axle up front. It was going to need brakes (4th set) and it was approaching timing belt time. I had replaced a motor mount myself at about 120K. The light switch was faulty but I could tap on it to get it to work. It had a new steering rack under extended warranty at 80k. A few seat and carpet stains. All of this was normal wear stuff in my mind. Never any problems with radiator.

It had no other known problems at the time I traded it.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
For me, it'll be time to trade when there's something else I want more. So far, nothing else floats my boat. Maybe the next gen Ridgeline will do the job.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E in pewter pacific metallic
2,607 Posts
Mine just passed 199,000 and the water pump started making noises about a week ago. Because of it I did the whole timing belt routine again (a little early). It should be go to go again for another 100,000.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Trade it in when you need a new car. I'm spending over $1000/year in maintenance/repairs on my Ridgeline. As long as I don't have a catastrophic failure such an engine or tranny issue, it's still cheaper than buying a new or used car.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
A year ago it cost $1k to get wife's car a new sticker. Needed replacement front springs struts etc. This year it cost $650 for new tires wipers etc. still cheaper than new car.

Depreciation on a new $40k car runs at least $4k a year.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
I've generally had the understanding that all model years of the Ridgeline are pretty good. Are some years inherently better than others?
Not saying the RL was ever a lemon, but the 2006 turns in some typical first year bumps, and we know later that production moved from Ontario to Alabama so that was a big change. Also 2007 and 2008 were high volume years based on planning and to some extent execution before the global meltdown. Consumer reports has a used car predictons of good (half red circle) on 2006, 12 and 13, of average on 2013 (white circle), and excellent for 2007-2011 (full red).

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,384 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
My '08 RTL (purchased new) is at 278,000 and still strong and quiet. Overdue for my second timing belt and I'm a little nervous about that, and I did have the valves adjusted at about 250K because they were getting tight and causing a rough idle. Couple sets of rear brake pads, one set of fronts, four sets of Michelins. Struts getting a little weak and rattling a bit now. I drive a lot, and am super pleased with my Ridgeline.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts