Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just dropped the Ridge off for a new headliner...at THE Headliner of auto-upholsterers in Jacksonville, Larry's Trim. Once the sky starts to fall in your Ridge, gravity gets more and more unforgiving, and, before long, droops and sags begin to form all over the place. The folk here will roll off the necessary shots to show how the process works. First order of business was color-matching the fabric:

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
Looking forward to updates on this post. I shouldn't need a new headliner for a while, but will interesting to the see this process and the end result.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E in pacific pewter metallic
2,682 Posts
It sounds as if you are really taking good care of that 07.

I'm contemplating stopping by an upholstery shop to get a price on installing new foam padding in my RTL's leather driver's seat. After 241,000 miles it's getting ready for new padding. My big concern is how quick a turn a round for that work. I need mine every day.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm interested in hearing how much this costs you. There's nothing wrong with the headliner in my 2012, except for some greasy fingerprint stains that no detailer has managed to get out. But knowing that it's been an issue for so many Ridgelines, I'd like to be mentally prepared for if/when it does happen.

·
Premium Member
2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm interested in hearing how much this costs you. There's nothing wrong with the headliner in my 2012, except for some greasy fingerprint stains that no detailer has managed to get out. But knowing that it's been an issue for so many Ridgelines, I'd like to be mentally prepared for if/when it does happen.
I meant to put cost in the report: Including recovering the moonroof slider shade (fabric separates from that, too): $300.

·
Premium Member
2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It sounds as if you are really taking good care of that 07.

I'm contemplating stopping by an upholstery shop to get a price on installing new foam padding in my RTL's leather driver's seat. After 241,000 miles it's getting ready for new padding. My big concern is how quick a turn a round for that work. I need mine every day.
In by 8 am, out by 5. Same day service.

·
Premium Member
2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Mine didn't have a single mark on it, and then about in January almost 10 years to the day after I bought it (Dec 28, 2006), the fabric started sagging right above the driver side window. Three months later, Wham! Drooping all around front and back. The cloth typically starts unsticking, from I've been told, from the driver side first because that's the window most often opened, which introduces moisture from humidity outside. Had mine not been garaged every day all these years in high humidity Florida, the trim shop owner told me I would have stopped by 2 years sooner.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Looking forward to updates on this post. I shouldn't need a new headliner for a while, but will interesting to the see this process and the end result.
You and me both. Just posted the $300 cost. Don't know what you've discovered, but here on the forum I have heard varying figures if the dealer does the job --- $750 or $850. I just checked Honda parts online and the quote for the roof liner assembly is $1151. Please tell me I'm reading that wrong:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,636 Posts
Bernardiparts has it for $479.99. for NH220L, YR309L and NH686L for the RT trim. For the RTL with a sunroof, it is $1161.52 (NH220L, YR309L, NH686L).

Looks like you guys with the Sunroof get effed-up pretty much when replacing these.

·
Premium Member
2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You have me shopping for a quality upholstery shop here in the area. I need my drivers seat re-padded.
If they've got a website with pictures posted of their work, been in business for a while and have references, you should be a okay.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
If they've got a website with pictures posted of their work, been in business for a while and have references, you should be a okay.
I'm having mine done on the 22nd, I have grey interior, what color is your interior and if it's grey do you have the color (code) they are using...my work order show Opal Grey 2349 .... Shop here in Gainesville has been in business for 30 years or so and has a great reputation....L&S Auto trim
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Amazing. The job was completed at 2:45 pm today, less than 7 hours after dropping off the Ridge. Basically the ceiling comes out, and its old cloth and foam removed, even on the moonroof sliding shade. Then new foam goes down then fabric:
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]
A stunning transformation. In places there will be impressions beneath the fabric, until the glue cures and foam expands. Typical of the process, I was told:
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
For $300 plus tax, I don't think you can beat the results:
[/URL][/IMG]
Now I have way over-simplified the explainer. The true craftsman who did this furnished me 22 photos and, frankly, even with his visuals, it was mind boggling. Course, could be the gin talking again, as it's liable to do.

·
Registered
418 Posts
WOW, looks like brand new and less than a third of the cost of a new headliner.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I'm having mine done on the 22nd, I have grey interior, what color is your interior and if it's grey do you have the color (code) they are using...my work order show Opal Grey 2349 .... Shop here in Gainesville has been in business for 30 years or so and has a great reputation....L&S Auto trim
Thanks
When I got to shop owner of shop took sample out of the opal grey and it was lighter than OEM color...went back in and came out with a Clear Grey color and it was a perfect match..

·
Premium Member
2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
When I got to shop owner of shop took sample out of the opal grey and it was lighter than OEM color...went back in and came out with a Clear Grey color and it was a perfect match..
Sounds like you are on the road to a full recovery. Love to see it when it's done. When I did the color match, I halfway wanted to go slightly darker thinking hand and finger prints (when they invariably leave their calling cards) wouldn't show as much.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts