Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Super Moderator
2022 Sonic Gray Pearl RTL-E
9,156 Posts
Reactions: snakebait6

· Registered
836 Posts
I'd rather them tighten up those buttons and put them on the dash and open up the floor space. It seems like they are wasting a bunch of space with that console, but it's not something that would be a deal breaker. I think style is more often prioritized as that tends to appeal to more people.

· Registered
1,669 Posts
I also don't see the benefit to the setup? Seems that a short person may end up having the seat so far forward that you might not have much a rest for the arm. Not that it would matter to me much since I don't actually use the arm rests now, but I would miss the current storage in the center that can hold up a costco sized bag of chips and act as a take out tray when snacking on the go.

· Registered
120 Posts
I'm not a fan of center consoles or screens tacked on the dash like that. I like the current gen interior as it's a very good use of space. But, at least they added spring loaded "fingers" in the cup holders so everything doesn't flop around like the G2.

I'll need to sit in one to gauge the seating position etc before I rag on it too much. Aesthetically it looks nice.

· Registered
7 Posts
I really like my armrests, so I hope not.
Agreed- I like the individual, adjustable armrests! My wife’s new Palisade has the fixed center console like that and I miss my armrests when I drive it. Funny thing is, the second row captain’s chairs in the Palisade have the adjustable armrests like the RL and everyone who rides back there loves them.

· Registered
108 Posts
My wife and I are short and she doesn't like an arm rest at all, so the current setup is perfect for us. Besides, the center console we have in our 2018 serves as a quasi table for cold weather picnics while traveling on road trips.

· Registered
249 Posts
I think the current armrests are just plain cheesy. They remind me of the 90's. The armrest console makes more sense to me. I also don't see the logic of push button tranny on the console. Might as well just stick a cool shifter if you're going to waste the space. It belongs on the dash face P R D...paddle shifters for the rest of it. The new Pilot interior is a huge step up over the RL but I'm not sure Honda will go that far but it would settle me on the RL if they did.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts