Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why have the administrators stopped replying to the threads about ongoing site issues? Phillip? Cricket?
@Administrator

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Once again, the administrators have stopped replying to posts asking questions and requesting assistance. @Administrator - where have you all gone?

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Philip, welcome back. Would you mind taking a look at the thread concerning alerts being cleared, please?

·
Super Moderator
6,925 Posts
@Administrator the thread above is a question about Alerts and we’re looking for if it was a system change or is there an individual setting which can control how long or how many alerts.

@HyperPete I am guessing that they have had some staffing changes or something since I haven’t heard anything from @AG Jeff and the We Are Now Live - Community Feedback Thread hasn’t changed or updated in weeks and they have made several changes.

Specifically, some members don’t log in every day and would prefer to keep the alerts as a way to follow up on threads which they were previously involved in, especially if they have missed a few days or weeks.

Moderator Note: Similar Threads Merged

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@HyperPete I am guessing that they have had some staffing changes or something since I haven’t heard anything from @AG Jeff and the We Are Now Live - Community Feedback Thread hasn’t changed or updated in weeks and they have made several changes.
Regarding the "we are now live" thread, it has been over 2 months with no replies.
I just figure that the administrators don't give a sh*t, and they are tired of pretending that they do.

Mega-corporations at their finest!

·
Administrator
830 Posts
Regarding the "we are now live" thread, it has been over 2 months with no replies.
I just figure that the administrators don't give a sh*t, and they are tired of pretending that they do.

Not sure why that thread is not sending alerts. I am checking on the reported issue regarding alert history.
-Philip

·
Community Manager/Admin
61 Posts
@Administrator the thread above is a question about Alerts and we’re looking for if it was a system change or is there an individual setting which can control how long or how many alerts.

Specifically, some members don’t log in every day and would prefer to keep the alerts as a way to follow up on threads which they were previously involved in, especially if they have missed a few days or weeks.

Moderator Note: Similar Threads Merged
Bumped the thread with an update just now.

Release Notes are now posted here:

The Alerts thing sounds weird, is this only with one user? Some info on Alerts below:
  • Days to retain viewed alerts is 4 days, user alerts will disappear from the alerts list 4 days after being viewed
  • Unviewed alerts will automatically expire after 30 days.
  • The alert popup will show all unviewed alerts, plus any viewed alerts that were viewed within 12 hours.
  • The conversations popup will show all conversations with unread replies for 72 hours.
Although we do seem to have a page for reactions received, I am not finding one for other alerts once they expire and I am not certain if reactions expire at some point.

Jeff M

·
Community Manager/Admin
61 Posts

Bumped with info to the Release Notes with updates.

Mega-Corp? - We have under 250 employees or less last I checked.

Jeff M

·
Super Moderator
6,925 Posts
Not sure why that thread is not sending alerts. I am checking on the reported issue regarding alert history.
-Philip
Not only this and other threads Phillip, but some direct PM's to @AG Jeff were not responded to for 3 weeks. I did finally get the issue resolved by adding @Administrator but as I stated earlier various requests have gone unnoticed until today.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bumped with info to the Release Notes with updates.

Mega-Corp? - We have under 250 employees or less last I checked.

Jeff M
OK, just the mega-corporation ATTITUDE then. That makes it even worse.

The new alert purge policy SUCKS. I guess that is one of the wonderful new features to which members of this site got "treated.". Before this fabulous new upgrade my notifications remained no matter how long I had been away. As they should. This also just started recently. It was not purging them after the wonderourous improvement for quite some time, so why are you (collectively) pretending that you are unaware of the deliberate implementation?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
My issues with not being able to see posts were never resolved. It happens on other forums as well. Basically, I can't see any activity until it's about 25-45 minutes old. Can no longer use this forum in real time. Even when I haven't been logged on for a few days and I try to sign on sometimes I get the security error message. It depends if I am looking at a new/current post. If I look at an older post no issues. Hey, the forum is free and I can't treat the administrators like a "help desk" but really, this new platform sucks and fixes seem to be best efforts. It doesn't matter if I use my phone, desktop or laptop the same issues persist.

·
Super Moderator
6,925 Posts
@14v6 That's insane I had this post at notification 7:45am PT 11/26/19

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Some of us did pay to become "premium members."

1 - 17 of 17 Posts