Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a full set of KYB shocks for all four corners ($300) per the advice on this forum, then looked at the rear sway bar links per the cautions on the DIY. Soaked with PB, hit them with an impact, nope seized solid so will have to grind them off. Figured I'd just get them at a nearby dealer in Canada, but had the online price from Majestic ready just in case. Here's the Canadian dealer selling parts for a Canadian truck built in Ontario at almost 5 times what the same part costs from a US dealer. I know where I'm buying, just have to resist splashing it to consumer ombudsman, BBB, newspaper editors looking into fraud.....

Email exchange with Richmond Honda in BC, I'd questioned the parts because the price seemed too high to be plausible..........

From the Dealer:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2015 7:40 AM
To: karmutzen
Subject: RE: Notification - Service-Leads : Parts, Order

Rear links for your vehicle are $62.50 each (plus tax 12%) we also would have to order them in. Can get them over night from Calgary. Would also need to be prepaid.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2015 11:16 PM
To: Steve Mrosek
Subject: Re: Notification - Service-Leads : Parts, Order

There must be something wrong, perhaps I gave you the wrong part number. I need the short little links that go between the end of the stabilizer spring and the lower arm.

They are part number 7 and 8 in this illustration of the rear suspension: http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...REAR STABILIZER - REAR LOWER ARM&vinsrch=null

Sent from my iPad

> On Jul 15, 2015, at 2:41 PM, Steve Mrosek <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Yes the rear struts.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: karmutzen
> Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2015 2:29 PM
> To: Steve Mrosek
> Subject: Re: Notification - Service-Leads : Parts, Order
>
> They cost &13.00 at any U.S. Honda dealer, $18 including shipping. Truck is built in Ontario so their parts come from Canada. Are we talking the same parts?
>
> Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe Texans need to find somewhere else to shop, too. Am going to be in Amarillo Thursday so checked with Brown's Honda on Georgia Street. Same links are $27. Less than half the price of the Canadian ones but still double Majestic's price.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts