Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so we're back from two vacations in the last month and finally have a chance to post some pics. Here are a couple from our first vacation, a 3,000 mile trip to Southern Utah (Bryce, Zion), AZ (North Rim/Grand Canyon), and through NV to CA (Yosemite). The truck was great! These were in Zion Nat'l Park.

(This is my first time posting pics so hope it works. Will have more later.)

Attachments

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Great pictures. Thanks for starting this thread.

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, I broke down...here's a couple from our last trip, to LA, San Juan Capistrano, and San Diego. We didn't take the truck for this one, so you'll have to do with Tom Cruise at the War of the Worlds premier in Hollywood.

Attachments

·
Registered
993 Posts
RidgeOwner3 said:
hehe...hi Ridge! Hope everything's going well!
Things are going pretty well. It was great to meet you guys, hope things are well. We still haven't taken any really long trips with the RL. I'm planning a run to the Bellagio buffet in vegas when I'm skinny enough.

·
Registered
993 Posts
RidgeOwner3 said:
OK, I broke down...here's a couple from our last trip, to LA, San Juan Capistrano, and San Diego. We didn't take the truck for this one, so you'll have to do with Tom Cruise at the War of the Worlds premier in Hollywood.

Karyn and I were just "hangin" with Tom the other day and he was mentioning what a nice couple you were. He doesn't just talk that way about anybody. :D :D

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
No place! And that's the problem. I have a great vehicle in the garage but don't use it. I live in a country club and golf almost every day so I put more mileage on my golf cart than I do the Ridge. Once a week I get groceries about 9 miles away and five times a week I go to our gym which is 3 miles away - and that is pretty much it. If I visit a friend it is usually down the next fairway so I take my golf cart. I live in the middle of nowhere so only once in a blue moon do I drive to the "city".

All my trips each year (to NY, Vegas, New Orleans, and such) are plane trips although I might have to start taking the Ridge just to use it. Heck, I'm retired so I should be able to give it a good workout anytime I want. I hope that Texas Hill Country get together talked about here the other day will come about.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
This is the confluence of the Middle Fork with the Salmon River in Central Idaho.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool, Truckin'! Beautiful. Thanks! Did you go anywhere else on that trip?

We hope to be up that way next summer to visit a friend in Boise and on to Banff. That should be a good trip for the Ridge!

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
RidgeOwner3 said:
Cool, Truckin'! Beautiful. Thanks! Did you go anywhere else on that trip?

We hope to be up that way next summer to visit a friend in Boise and on to Banff. That should be a good trip for the Ridge!
Thanks, it is a spectacular spot. We hiked in eight miles of the Middle Fork of the Salmon many years ago when we were young and skinny. It was nice to see where the Middle Fork ends.

The ranger that gave us advice about drives to take in the area said that whenever he gets a new truck, the first thing he does with it is go to this spot to take a photo of it. I can bet that he's never had a truck as wonderful as the Ridgeline.

Yes, we did all the exploring in the area we could squeeze into three days. This was the first time we'd followed the road downstream along the Salmon until it ends. From there it's a 6 day float before you to pop out on the other side of the state at Riggins.

Last month we spent a long weekend at Challis Hot Springs and explored a good section of area farther south along the Salmon. We love central Idaho. The scenery is fabulous, wildlife abounds, and the fishing is fun.

It's an especially good time to visit this area with all the Lewis and Clark Corp of Discovery celebration going on for the next year.

If you take the drive from Boise east to Stanley you will be right in the area we most love in Idaho. The Payette coming up to Stanley is gorgeous. At Stanley you are near the headwaters of the Salmon, but it's already a large river. The Sawtooth mountain range is a feast for the eyes. Then at Challis you can take highway 93 north into Canada following the Salmon until it turns west on the dirt road where this photo was taken.

We're going up 93 instead of the freeway when we go to Canada the end of this month. It is a beautiful drive. I'm completely stoked about seeing the Canadian Rockies! We'll be riding in style and comfort in our new Ridgeline!

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, this sounds great! I will check it out on the map and hope we can go that way. (We're waiting for word on a timeshare in Banff.) My parents will be joining us, coming from western Wyoming (Star Valley Ranch 50 miles south(west) of Jackson, WY). Maybe we can meet up on hwy 93!

Now we can get travel tips here on the ROC!! Awesome!

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Biker, great photos. It's going to be tough to get up higher than that!

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
RidgeOwner3 said:
Wow, this sounds great! I will check it out on the map and hope we can go that way. (We're waiting for word on a timeshare in Banff.) My parents will be joining us, coming from western Wyoming (Star Valley Ranch 50 miles south(west) of Jackson, WY). Maybe we can meet up on hwy 93!

Now we can get travel tips here on the ROC!! Awesome!
Star Valley, that's another piece of heaven. I love it up there. My dad lived there as a kid.

You'll have to report on your travel plans as they come together.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts