Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've changed oil in Toyotas, GM, Ford, Dodge, Jeep, you name it. I have never had a Honda before so I thought I'd look under the thing today. I found lots of neat stuff under there and the oil filter is in a location that makes it a snap to change. But while I was under there I could not find the oil drain plug (maybe it looks different than other plugs as there are a hundred screws and things that look like they could be plugs). I know it is there someplace but could someone direct me to the location of this plug.

·
Registered
73 Posts
It's on the back side of the pan..very near where the oil filter is. Looks like they put it there to avoid being torn off....smart engineering if ya' ask me!

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
That's good. I tore one off my wife's Volkswagen Fox. No permanent damage but the oil slick was unbelieveable. I haven't lived that one down, and never will :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
shovelhd said:
That's good. I tore one off my wife's Volkswagen Fox. No permanent damage but the oil slick was unbelieveable. I haven't lived that one down, and never will :)
Dukes of hazzard or Steve McQueen style? :)
I'll try this here, since it's kind of relevant.
Has anybody ever used a Fram Sure Drain?
Looks like a good idea.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
No, inadvertently driving over a median in a raging downpour making a left turn into a parking lot. We ended up renting a stretch limo for the ride home.

Never used the Fram deal.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I went back under there just now and found it. But it is in a strange place, more forward than any other car I've owned. In fact, there is a small marking on the oil pan pointing to the screw that says "engine oil" - I should have had my glasses on and flashlight the first time!

BTW, the original filter says it is made by Filtech so I guess they installed the good one at the factory. I ordered six of these from cismo. I also have a couple of Nippon made filters I found in NY. When the Filtech ones arrive I'll compare the two.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
[QUOTE
Has anybody ever used a Fram Sure Drain?
Looks like a good idea.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I used it on my old Civic. It's a neat idea, but if you misplace the hose and fitting, you're back to square one. It did make changing the oil a lot less messy.

My question for the day is, has anyone used the magnetic thing that wraps around your oil filter? Now that looks like a great idea. I've always wanted to try it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts