Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I need to get my post count up, so I thought I would ask the question…

Why is there not much activity on here? Am I looking in the wrong place? There are alot of threads in various sub forums on ROC, but many of them are quite old. I just don't see alot of recent activity and some of the website links are out of date or broken. So, can anyone enlighten me as to what is up with ROC?

I would have figured that since the Ridgeline belongs to a select group of people that there would be a good deal of recent dialog going on. From my perspective, it appears most of the dialog centers specifically around the upcoming 2016-2017 Ridgeline.

Has the love for the current generation on the wane?

Now... I've got a total of 3 posts! :act060:

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Just hit that "new posts" button. Summer is often slower but not having a new one kind of leaves the leftover originals and the newcomers rehashing.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Just hit that "new posts" button. Summer is often slower but not having a new one kind of leaves the leftover originals and the newcomers rehashing.
And if you're not logged in, you'll get the same results by hitting "today's posts".... but it will also show posts that you might already have seen (whereas the "new posts" will screen those out when you're logged in).

·
Registered
346 Posts
With the Ridgeline's being suck a great truck, many of us have very little to talk about.

We can go back and talk about the weather if you like?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Most activity on the ROC is in the Problems & Issues and Miscellaneous subforums. It's a relatively low production vehicle, so I don't think you can expect the forums to have as much activity as other Honda car forums. Also, some of our trucks are nearly 10 years old and you can only ask so many questions about it. Search for any topic you can think of relating to the Ridgeline and chances are it's been asked already.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Well, in fairness, I just joined here a few weeks ago. :)
Well to be fair I joined here over 8years ago just waiting for a new Ridgeline.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I bought my 1st RL in 2012 and was pretty active on the forums. Then I had to sell her and regretted it so much I bought another back in May. I guess you could call me a re-tread.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Okay, I need to get my post count up, so I thought I would ask the question…

Why is there not much activity on here? Am I looking in the wrong place? There are alot of threads in various sub forums on ROC, but many of them are quite old. I just don't see alot of recent activity and some of the website links are out of date or broken. So, can anyone enlighten me as to what is up with ROC?

I would have figured that since the Ridgeline belongs to a select group of people that there would be a good deal of recent dialog going on. From my perspective, it appears most of the dialog centers specifically around the upcoming 2016-2017 Ridgeline.

Has the love for the current generation on the wane?

Now... I've got a total of 3 posts! :act060:
You should have been here 10 years ago when it was fun.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Yeah… well, I'm late to the party...
Sorry you missed it. Web site ownership change seemed to ignite the slow demise. Most old timers have drifted away, meets have ceased to be except some of the folks on the West coast still have events. It was fun while it lasted.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Maybe new redesign Next Gen Ridgeline model will reignite passion or hate,

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry you missed it. Web site ownership change seemed to ignite the slow demise. Most old timers have drifted away, meets have ceased to be except some of the folks on the West coast still have events. It was fun while it lasted.
Ah, an excellent explanation. This all seems to make sense now. Sorry it has resulted in the current situation. I belonged to two other forums, one was bimmerforums - for which I had and 850i. These particular cars have been out of production for 20 years, yet there is new daily interaction of useful content and new members coming online all the time. The other was Rennlist when I had the 928. That car was older than the 850i and there were plenty of guys hitting that forum all the time.

I understand the RL is not in the same league as these two vehicles, but I expected a small but dedicated group that would be active here. Maybe it will pick up again in the future - then again - maybe it won't. One of the ways to garner renewed interest would be to get the entire website updated. There are several broken links that need to be fixed. The "Articles" link at the top of the home page is busted and there is no new information on the home page. My God, the latest article on the home page is about the 2010 Crosstour!

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Ah, an excellent explanation. This all seems to make sense now. Sorry it has resulted in the current situation. I belonged to two other forums, one was bimmerforums - for which I had and 850i. These particular cars have been out of production for 20 years, yet there is new daily interaction of useful content and new members coming online all the time. The other was Rennlist when I had the 928. That car was older than the 850i and there were plenty of guys hitting that forum all the time.

I understand the RL is not in the same league as these two vehicles, but I expected a small but dedicated group that would be active here. Maybe it will pick up again in the future - then again - maybe it won't. One of the ways to garner renewed interest would be to get the entire website updated. There are several broken links that need to be fixed. The "Articles" link at the top of the home page is busted and there is no new information on the home page. My God, the latest article on the home page is about the 2010 Crosstour!
We had a very dedicated group, many friendships made.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts

Welcome Daniel...
You joined in June, and you've made 6 posts on the forum. I suspect that if you stick around a while, you may find your critique a bit premature. We don't have the rapid-fire revelation type threads that come with discovery of a new revolutionary vehicle as we did in '05 & '06; but this forum is anything but dead. It is logical that many issues that have been covered well & thouroughly will only get touched on as members post appreciative thanks for well used & appreciated tips & advice. So, the nature of day to day content has naturally changed. Likewise, the current "pregnant pause" that we're enduring this year as the new G2 RL is gestating creates some unusual content laced with anxiety & frustration.
We've also seen a clear drop off in event type activity..... sorry to say that's a spot on observation. But the core nature of the forum is alive & well in my opinion.... albeit buried sometimes under less important 'fluff' discussions. I'm talking about the helpful interaction between members needing help or guidance wrt RL ownership.
I am glad to read about each new thing I find.... even if those revelations only come as 1-in-20 threads or 1-in-100 posts. There's a lot here for the un-baptized so-to-speak, if they're willing to search & read; but even more for anyone willing to keep tabs watching for new interesting info.

As they say, it is what it is.... and youth never lasts forever. it's been over 10 years since introduction, so we're pretty stabilized. But maybe our G2 experience will shoot some new excitement into us all.

P.S. I do miss the spirit of many of those early member/contributors.... but I also very much appreciate those who are regularly helpful participants here today. Thanks to all, past & present.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts