Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RTL-T AWD

How do I PAUSE audio using USB, and then how do I PLAY.

So, where is the Play/Pause button for USB???????

·
Registered
567 Posts
If you are using Bluetooth there should be a pause/Play button on the audio screen... otherwise like Hazz said, the power button on the top left, it actually works quite well for "pausing"

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips......Surely there is a play/pause for USB audio other than power off/on, come on Honda

·
Registered
363 Posts
Are you sure there isn't a Pause under the Menu button accessed by pressing the Hamburger icon on the left of the display (Three horizontal lines)? That's how you Pause/Play live Sirius XM. Maybe I'll put some music on a stick and give it a try tomorrow. I've got a road trip ahead to waste time on.

·
Registered
195 Posts
That was one of the first things I noticed when I started using the USB port. Podcasts have a pause on the screen but I assume that's an Apple CarPlay thing. I use the USB port for language learning programs that run in series order. It would be nice to have a pause and backup 15 seconds like the podcasts. A quick mute option would be good for situations like drive up bank windows. I'll have to try the audio on/off button.

You would think when someone got tasked with developing the interface for usb playback they'd take a look at the most basic controls.

Lack of an easy mute is another puzzling thing.

·
Registered
2019 RTL AWD Silver
21 Posts
The other frustrating thing about the Bluetooth audio is that when I use the hands free phone, whether I want it to or not, the music files begin playing whenever I connect the phone and after the phone call. I had to disable the music files in my I-phone to stop the Honda system from automatically playing them.

·
Registered
603 Posts
The other frustrating thing about the Bluetooth audio is that when I use the hands free phone, whether I want it to or not, the music files begin playing whenever I connect the phone and after the phone call. I had to disable the music files in my I-phone to stop the Honda system from automatically playing them.
I love that feature. No need to fumble around with my phone. Musics starts automatically.

You can disable the automatic music playing by just hooking up your phone and not connecting it as audio device. At least that’s how it works on the non touch screen for iOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 RTL AWD Silver
21 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I guess if I had a huge album collection, I wouldn't have minded, but even Harry Connick, Jr. can get monotonous after a few times!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts