Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out what areas a Ridgeline can go to with no issues. I have an FJ now am considering a change.

Green Sands: Can it make the drive all the way? I can't think of any areas that are really nasty, but everytime I have gone I have looked for paths to play on.

Kumakahi: I know it can go to Champagne Pond with no issue, but what about to the left of the light tower. Does it drag the bumpers on some the rockier sections?

Mana Road: I don't remember any sections that would be a problem to traverse.

I am not loooking to get the Ridgeline to off road, I am just wondering where I can explore for fishing, surfing, fun.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I am trying to figure out what areas a Ridgeline can go to with no issues. I have an FJ now am considering a change.

Green Sands: Can it make the drive all the way? I can't think of any areas that are really nasty, but everytime I have gone I have looked for paths to play on.

Kumakahi: I know it can go to Champagne Pond with no issue, but what about to the left of the light tower. Does it drag the bumpers on some the rockier sections?

Mana Road: I don't remember any sections that would be a problem to traverse.

I am not loooking to get the Ridgeline to off road, I am just wondering where I can explore for fishing, surfing, fun.

Thanks
I have a great idea.
Ship me and my Ridgeline to Hawaii, and we'll try it out :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
GREAT Question Sean. I was going to ship my RL back home for a week during the summer and was wondering. I was hoping to ship it up a few weeks ago so I could hit Mauna Kea, but things got busy here on Oahu.

What other places have you hit on the BI?

Man, I'd love to be back home in KOna right now.....

·
Registered
419 Posts
I realize this is an old post, but I drove down Waipo Valley at least two times. Depending on when you go, you might be doing some water fording. I had no problems at all. Going down, switch to low gear. Coming back up, switch to low with VTM lock. It is sort of a paved road, but the grade is so steep that you will definitely need the extra traction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts