Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My license plates that is.....

I bought my ridge just before Memorial day weekend and still no plates. I've heard people in other states getting them as fast as a couple days but this is going on three months now. I called the dealer today and they said that I had to wait 90 days before they'd track things down. It's not like I got anything custom, just gimme my plain vanilla plates. I guess I'll be calling back in two weeks if they don't come after the labor day weekend. Hasn't stopped me from enjoying my Ridge though.

Oh, but most importantly I got my ROC.com sticker in Saturday.
Thanks T-Mac, it's gonna look great on the back window. :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
I don't know about Califorina but in Texas there is a time period for you to get your plates. It's just a few weeks here and sometimes sooner.

Tiger

·
Registered
311 Posts
Tux said:
My license plates that is.....

I bought my ridge just before Memorial day weekend and still no plates. I've heard people in other states getting them as fast as a couple days but this is going on three months now. I called the dealer today and they said that I had to wait 90 days before they'd track things down. It's not like I got anything custom, just gimme my plain vanilla plates. I guess I'll be calling back in two weeks if they don't come after the labor day weekend. Hasn't stopped me from enjoying my Ridge though.

Oh, but most importantly I got my ROC.com sticker in Saturday.
Thanks T-Mac, it's gonna look great on the back window. :D
Tux,

I live in San Jose as well and have received my plates. I bought my truck June 26th. Unfortunately, I don't know where or how you would check on the status of such things.

Oh, and why haven't I seen you around? I haven't seen any white RL's at all (three silvers, two blacks, a few greens, and a red, yes... but no whites).

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Tiger,

I have a feeling it's a mixture of dealer delay and California beaucracy processes at it's best.

Tim, I figured as much. My uncle bought his GMC a few weeks after I bought my RL and he's got his plate too. Regarding, where am I? I'm usually around the Willow Glen area but San Jose is big and can't be everywhere but I am a unique one out there. I had two RLs visit my house, a blue and green one when I was selling my full size spares, all sold. I've seen one Red in the wilds of Willow Glen and few others in town. Oh, I did see a fellow green one in Tahoe but he was a bit to far away for me to catch up.

Oh well, I'll keep waiting, for two weeks then the gloves come off.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Ah, I see, Willow Glen is further south than where I usually am. I'm up by Milpiltas and work in Mountain View, so I'm usually at the opposite end of town. I'll be sure to wave if I see you though! :D

L

·
0 Posts
See..if you lived in Ohio you would have had them in 3-5 days. :D
I got personalized plates and they came in 6 days.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
In Mass we get our plates when we register. They registry has plates and they just give you the next set in the pile. Custom plates can take a while though, or so I have heard since I have just the normal generic plates. I know someone who got plates in less than a week in California though, not sure how he pulled it off, wasn't really a big discussion item on our vacation. I would guess you could wait in line at the DMV but I wouldn't stress it yet if I were you, last time I was in the California DMV it took over an hour just to get a renewed license when my wife had all the paperwork already filled out, but that was 13 years ago and she wasn't my wife then.

·
Registered
233 Posts
As it is in Mass., Nebraska issues standard plates the day you register your vehicle. I ordered my personalized plates and received them 4 weeks later. Receiving personalized plates in 6 days (as with LadyRidge) is unheard of.

-SixOpRidge
...should've ordered "6OP RDGE" but just couldn't break the 10 year streak!

·
Registered
311 Posts
SixOpRidge said:
Receiving personalized plates in 6 days (as with LadyRidge) is unheard of.
They must have had the prisoners working overtime in LadyRidge's state. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts